Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-fabric-moratorium-t301821.html)

toverly 12-28-2018 07:10 AM

Sign me up! I really need this. I can do pretty well on partially using my stash but go running to the store for solids and backs. Especially backs. I want to find exactly the right back. If I manage to keep spending down on those items I'll be doing pretty good. Thanks for getting this started again.

laurilli 12-28-2018 07:25 AM

I am also in this year. I have been trying to stay on budget, maybe this will help. I just started a new tree skirt for next Xmas, all from stash !!

978gray 12-28-2018 11:52 AM

Im defintiely in. Not only using fabric from my stash, but also making all the kits I have bought over the years!!!

Ive tried in past years, but sometimes the fabric just calls to me.

sewingitalltogether 12-28-2018 12:50 PM

I'm in. There is more fabric in my sewing room than I could ever use in a lifetime. Soo, before the new year I need to order some background fabric for my new Caswell Quilt. And I got a gift certificate to Joanns that I'm saving for something special. Other than that, it's using what I have !!!

sewnclog 12-28-2018 01:13 PM

I'm in; or at least will try; I had someone tell me I needed an "intervention" But darn they keep coming out with more and more gorgeous fabric that is SO hard to resist. Do I hear any 'amens'? I'm with the poster who is doing a moratorium. I need to do that too. I'm getting better at just deleting and Not looking. Hard to do though.

rryder 12-28-2018 01:37 PM

I'm in again this year. It's been lots of fun participating in this challenge over the years and having all the support and encouragement from folks has helped me reduce my stash a bit and focus on buying fabrics that are useful or are needed to replace frequently used fabrics, (like blenders, neutrals, etc.).
Rob

JenniePenny 12-28-2018 01:37 PM

I am joining! I have so much fabric that it's coming out of my ears! I need to try to reduce my stash and get my sewing room organized.

Conchalea 12-28-2018 03:02 PM

Sewnclog, we’re all in the same boat. Too much fabric. But they’ll keep coming out with new lines, & you want to use fabric you fell in love with in the past, right?
Laurilli, congrats on using stash for the tree skirt!

Teen 12-28-2018 03:19 PM

I'm in, again!! I saved hundreds of dollars last year because of this commitment! I think I have all the fabric needed for at least 5 of my projects targeted for this next year. Plus, I'm hoping to make several QOV's ....my patriotic stash is plenty full...

quilterpurpledog 12-28-2018 03:29 PM

I would like to join this endeavor this year because I have too much stuff in my sewing room. I have it all well organized and every piece is measured and has a label. If I work on UFO's and scrap quilting I am sure my year will be full without purchasing much, if any fabric. I play the grocery store loyalty game and my 'savings' is my hobby money. I stayed within that amount and have a couple of hundred dollars going into the new year. I am seriously considering the purchase of a frame and mounting my extra machine on it. I would like to reduce my stash for sure. Making it bigger doesn't help.