Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-fabric-moratorium-t301821.html)

Teen 01-18-2019 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry (Post 8195330)
I fell off the wagon, hard. I made a MSQC order for some fabric I needed to finish a project, thread I needed, and then a cute jelly roll that was on sale. It was late right after the deal of the day changed and I was groggy. Maybe I need to not shop at night.

Nighttime surfing for a quilter is like eating licorice before a dentist appt. Not good...lol..

rryder 01-18-2019 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8195452)
Nighttime surfing for a quilter is like eating licorice before a dentist appt. Not good...lol..

Not only that, but it was a Jellyroll- they’re pretty much irresistable even in broad daylight...

Rob

Belfrybat 01-18-2019 04:32 PM

Well, my brag a couple of days ago has been humbled (pride goes before a fall!). I was at Hobby Lobby looking in their clearance section and there were a whole bunch of solid royal blue remnants marked "flawed". 5/8th yard each for 75 cents. I unrolled one and couldn't see a flaw -- according to the clerk some have tiny white dots on them. Blue is my favourite colour -- the yardage equivalent price is $1.21. I came home with 10. That will make 2 or maybe 3 pieced quilt backs. That's my rationalizing for buying them and I'm sticking with it. BTW, I still haven't found the white dots -- they must be microscopic. Now I wish I'd purchased all of them. I'm a bad moratorium member! :o

AnngelAnne 01-18-2019 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Conchalea (Post 8195268)
AngelAnnie, can you pass along some of your motivation to organize? I looked for a ruler this morning, but I may have been mistaken about the size and/or shape of what I thought I had. It’s almost like dumpster diving-looking for that ruler.

Well, it is actually something that has been in the works......in my mind at least....for years now. I finally reached the point where I was tired of trying to find things, buying because it was easier and then the selfishness of wanting to use the fabric myself instead of dying and someone else enjoying it that got me going. And tired of the mess. When I get done, I will know what I have where.

LindaJane 01-18-2019 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Conchalea (Post 8195268)
AngelAnnie, can you pass along some of your motivation to organize? I looked for a ruler this morning, but I may have been mistaken about the size and/or shape of what I thought I had. It’s almost like dumpster diving-looking for that ruler.

I feel your pain. I spent a lot of time looking for my rotating mat and finally found it today. Took some time to reorganize my peg boards so I would have room to hang my rulers so I don't have to continually spend time looking for them.

petthefabric 01-18-2019 08:44 PM

Went to a LQS and got the fabric needed to finish a back. Also got thread in a color missing in my stash. Did Good! Then came home. Denied myself the temptation of pruising their new fabric.

Conchalea 01-19-2019 03:55 AM

Pet, it’s hard to walk by new fabrics with your head averted, isn’t it? I applaud your determination! The fabric for a back is needed to complete a project, so it’s allowed. WTG.

retiredteacher09 01-19-2019 09:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Conchalea: Thanks for the tip about laying glass over the warped mat and the reminder to lay something under it to keep that side clean.

Belfrybat: Great purchase! I still have money on a gift card from Hobby Lobby so I may need to make a trip there just to look for a clearance section.

I used up 3 2/3 yards on a top that will be donated to my church quilting group to finish. I think most of the fabrics used in it were from donated fabric or my DMIL’s stash that I was given. It measures 68” by 78” and it is Mystery Train #20. It has light colored borders to make it the correct size. I thought I would never get all of those flying geese done! :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]607061[/ATTACH]

PamelaOry 01-19-2019 09:54 PM

Absolutely beautiful top!

Conchalea 01-20-2019 04:26 AM

Retired, I love your top! I didn’t join Mystery #20, but your quilt may have me convinced to make one. I had a project already in the works when the mystery began.