Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-fabric-moratorium-t301821.html)

elly66 01-30-2019 07:33 AM

MaryChristine i would pick what I want with no guilt. The opportunity to have these items that were hers won't be there again.
Everyone is rocking this moratorium i must say. Almost a month for me with no purchases. It feels really good. I also started a quilt all from stash and wall hangings only need binding which I will get to today or tomorrow. Everybody stay strong!

Skipastitch 01-30-2019 07:46 AM

I have failed. I needed to buy mini charms for a gift item & couldn't resist the daily special of a layer cake......thank goodness I don't have to purchase any other quilt related gifts for a while.

Conchalea 01-30-2019 10:34 AM

Skipastitch, don’t look at it as failure. It’s only a slip off the wagon & here’s a hand to help you back up. In the past, would you have bought more than just a single layer cake? If so, congratulate yourself on new-found restraint.

sewingitalltogether 01-30-2019 01:20 PM

I ordered 6 yards of batik today. Yes, I wrote it down. But deep seems to be getting deeper.

Belfrybat 01-30-2019 03:09 PM

It seems like restraint is the word of the week. I haven't purchased anything to add to the stash but did buy fabric on sale at Joann's for a backing in a colour I didn't have. I needed 3-1/2 yards and I purchased 4 yards (in case of a miscut), even though their Quilter's Showcase fabrics were $1.80 a yard with coupon. Usually I would have purchased two or three four yard lengths to have on hand for backs. Except I probably have 100 yards on hand for backs. So I did show restrain.

I end the month of January with a total purchased of 10 yards and I've used 37, so I'm down by 27 yards. Small steps, small steps.

Teen 01-30-2019 05:54 PM

I'm in a bit of a quandary...... I did not anticipate completing this current quilt top before moving (my home fell out of escrow 10 days before close) I "always" complete the whole quilt before starting another (do not like UFO's) but the backing for this project is already packed..no telling which box it's in. I'm going to have to purchase backing for this project when I know I have stash...oh well... I think I have a pass since purchase won't be going into stash...but ...dang...

LindaJane 01-30-2019 06:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]607646[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]607647[/ATTACH]What to do on a day too cold to go out? lots of string blocks.

retiredteacher09 01-30-2019 06:55 PM

Linda Jane: Lovely blocks and I agree that it is a good project for these cold days. I have done some sewing over the past several cold days also.

Teen: I am sorry that your house fell out of escrow. We had that happen in 1986 but the buyers finally got things worked out and the deal went through. It sure caused plenty of angst.

SillySusan 01-31-2019 06:59 AM

I have bought and sold many houses in my lifetime and every single time there had been a snag of some sort. It always happens... something easy like a lawyer called out of town and causing a delay in closing, to termite damage disclosed and the seller refusing to repair, to what you, Teen, that had happened. The biggest one for me was when I was selling my house and the buyer was trying to change the zoning on it. The town 'fathers' wouldn't agree to change it and the buyer backed out and he had a contingency to the contract could backed out of the deal without the loss of escrow. Lawyers were involved on all sides! Yikes! What grief that caused! Things happen all the time, cause much angst, but they always end up for the better. Just wait, you'll see.

grann of 6 01-31-2019 07:50 AM

Well, I got 3 projects almost to completion. They only need to be bound, and the binding is made and ready for an afternoon of binding. Two of the projects were kits I had gotten from Craftsy for a bargain. I am thrilled to have them out of the way, 2 more artbins emptied. And the 3rd is the giant stash buster, the king quilt for a friend who is going through some tough times right now. I calculated 12 yards of fabric and 3 batik jelly rolls are out of the stash. And while I was trimming the quilts I cut up the excess into jelly roll strips for a future project. I am happy to not add to the scrap boxes.