Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-ufo-challenge-t301919.html)

ckcowl 04-17-2019 04:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I managed to get my good fortune quilt quilted and the binding machine stitched onto the front of this one and onto the bunny baby quilt. I’m getting there. I dug through my shelves and found backing fabrics for 4 more so I can continue. Amazing what you find in the back and bottom of Stacks of fabric on your shelves.

sewbizgirl 04-17-2019 06:03 AM

Very pretty Good Fortune, ckcowl! Thanks for showing it.

joe'smom 04-17-2019 07:08 AM

That is so pretty, ckcowl!

rryder 04-17-2019 08:53 AM

Very pretty Good Fortune, ckcowl!

and great that you were able to shop stash for backings for your next batch!

Rob

Dedemac 04-17-2019 12:30 PM

Three beautiful quilts sooo close the completion, I'm here to cheer you on! Love stitching down the binding by hand. I'm a odd one. :p :D

I have been working on the GHG forever quilt. I did finish the poncho I was knitting, but it wasn't a UFO. I am waiting for it to finish drying so I can unblock it and see if it fits the way I hope.

oksewglad 04-18-2019 09:05 AM

Just so you know...why I better quit starting new projects and buy fabric only to finish these!.....

I spent 4 hours in the sewing room after 2:00 am (then slept for 3 hours). Quiet time with lots accomplished, except I found 10 UFO's, 7 WIP's, 2 homemade kits...pattern and fabric ready to cut, and 2 PIP (plans in progress). And those are only in my sewing room! I have 2 WIP's upstairs! Whew...at least I know what I can do when I get bored with a certain project. These are all larger than lap size so will take some time to get through

AUQuilter 04-18-2019 10:04 AM

Time to join this group since I have been destashing, organizing and am on a fabric moratorium. Gathered UFOs that are in gallon bag and smaller together in a handled basket. Made a list of UFOs and started on one that is four years old. Will try to post picture once I get borders on next week.

Teen 04-18-2019 10:40 AM

Way to go, OK!! Bummer you uncovered more stuff to do but must feel good to get this all done..

Welcome, AUQuilter!! Good luck on your commitment! We'll be cheering you on..

So, I haven't started a new project yet...though I'm helping my SIL finish one of her quilts..but no new projects for me.

Dedemac 04-18-2019 11:17 AM

Welcome to the group AUQuilter, just take your UFO's one day at a time. I look at mine and some times sigh that they are still unfinished, some day. :) Looking for a small one to give me a sense of accomplishment. And I don't want to start something new.

rryder 04-18-2019 11:45 AM

Welcome AuQuilter. This is a fun group, and we all manage to finish some UFOs too!

Rob