Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

Sync 07-21-2020 06:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have another UFO finished ....... “happy dance”. I started this quilt in 2017 and my niece decided that those were her colors, so this became Fallon’s quilt. Now as soon as I finish putting on the label I can ship it off to her.

WMUTeach 07-21-2020 06:14 PM

Well I am paying the price for cleaning and organizing my sewing room and I have/had three boxes stacked in a corner since I moved 4.5 years ago.First box, re-discovered some family letters from WWII, so coo,l as well as some other family keepsakes and a lot of odds and ends that are not of any value, recycled those. Box two an old dress from my hippie days, a lamp from when I was a child and...............4 UFOs! One is the blocks from a mystery quilt from at least 6 years ago. Blocks done, I think. The second a bag of orphan blocks someone gave me. Third a half square triangle quilt that can be made bigger for Project Linus, sort of an "I Spy" and a sweet pinky pastel baby quilt that needs some borders. Just when I was feeling so proud of only having a couple left. Tee-Hee-Hee! Lesson learned: Beware of boxes with unknown contents. They may be incubators for UFOs.

PS: I haven't had the courage to open the third box.https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images/smilies/shock.png

sewbizgirl 07-21-2020 06:47 PM

That's a great quilt Sync. So happy and colorful!

oksewglad 07-22-2020 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 8403769)
Rff1010: Congratulations on a great finish.

oksewglad: I’m chuckling over the statement that you have been provided some fodder for your ideas. I guess some farm terms stick with us forever. Lol!

It was pun intended! Glad some one caught the joke!

Rff1010 07-22-2020 12:22 AM

Sync - great finish!
thank you for all your words of kindness everyone on the "spotted cow". Tomorrows project is to make a gift bag for it.

Conchalea 07-22-2020 03:10 AM

Sync, I love the stars with pinwheels in the center! Patterns within patterns are a favorite of mine. I also love the colors.

ckcowl 07-22-2020 03:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I checked with my son, see how he was doing with supplies, asked if he needed anything- his reply....” I was hoping things would start opening up, so I could pick up more colors - I don’t want to keep taking all your fabric” I was touched by hos concern. But, assured him, I would have to live to be about 200 to use what I have. 🥴
I packed up a new box for him- 15+ more yards out of my way!
he has been very adventurous and enjoying learning new blocks- he even offered to teach me how to make a ( hollow cube) block on Monday. We got together on our phones and he made one along with me- taking me step by step. He’s going to make a great teacher!
here’s what he’s been doing ...
the lone star one he played with for a few weeks, put it together into a fabulous quilt, now has moved on to tumbling blocks

Conchalea 07-22-2020 03:28 AM

CK, your son is doing beautiful work! His skills are progressing rapidly.

ckcowl 07-22-2020 03:32 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok, duh— that post was supposed to be on the Fabric Moratorium and somehow I put it here on the ufos- sorry
i have completed a couple more UFOs, my stack is getting smaller. I think I only have 3 left- although I do have a few to bind. I will set aside a day to get those bound very soon. Yesterday’s ufo finish was a table cloth I started 5-6 years ago.. I like it on my table- don’t know why it took me so long to finish it.
The quilt is a gift for my uncle- just need that binding now- it waited 5 years to be quilted

oksewglad 07-22-2020 06:05 AM

Who cares ck?...all of the pictures are lovely and some fine finishes!