2020 UFO Challenge

Old 01-03-2020, 07:12 PM

Default 2020 UFO Challenge

Many people asked for a UFO thread for the new year, so I volunteered to start it. This is where we can celebrate our finishes, along with stories behind why the quilt became a UFO in the 1st place. Whether your UFO is a few months old, or 20, or more (?) You are the one who decides what is or isn't a UFO. I'll be moving in the next few weeks, so I may not always be on top of monitoring this thread. But from having lurked for a few years, I know that members are so good about cheering each others' victories that I'm not really worried about it. So I'd like to invite everyone to share their completions & encourage each other through the year. Welcome all!
Old 01-04-2020, 01:51 AM

Please count me in - I have 5 UFOs at the moment. My goal is to finish 2 of them by the end of February and the rest in the first half of this year.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:55 AM
Power Poster

Thanks Conchalea for starting the thread. It's so interesting to hear how quilts get stalled and how to fix it so the quilt can become a fun and usable item!
I got the basting threads out of a queen sized quilt that I had planned to quilt on my DSM, but now can do it on the LA. Hope to get it pinned on tomorrow...or maybe today since it's 4:00 AM and I still haven't gone to bed...okay may think about that now...
Old 01-04-2020, 03:11 AM

Thanks for starting a new thread Conchalea!
I’m in- I have fewer UFOs this year than I did last year, But I still have more than 20. My goal is to get 1 finished each month and to try to keep new projects from becoming UFOs.

Rob
Old 01-04-2020, 03:16 AM

I am in again because this a good place to keep motivated to move ahead on our list of UFO's, find supported when one hits a rough patch and then to celebrate when a quilt moves from the UFO pile to the "DONE" pile.
Old 01-04-2020, 03:25 AM

Thanks for leading us, Conchalea! My New Year's resolution is to finish up eight UFOs. I'm currently working on one that I started in 2018. It's queen size, so I don't know how long it will take to finish..
Old 01-04-2020, 04:46 AM

I'm in too. I found some I had forgotten about. I think I will be more apt to finish some up if I feel the need to "confess" about it. I have a pineapple quilt I am determined to finish this year, have 13 blocks made, need 42, according to my calculations. Between this thread and the moratorium thread, I should be able to accomplish lots.
Old 01-04-2020, 05:55 AM

I'm in again this year. Last year was disastrous with only one finished, one discarded and one passed on to someone else to finish.

1. Jan Hassard's Spirals (my avatar) - Still waiting for borders, but now I have the fabric.
2. Mystery Quilt - waiting to be sandwiched
3. Katharine Guerrier's Scrappy Houses quilt - begun when I was new and enthusiastic. Some blocks are too big. May become several smaller projects.
4. Stack and slash quilt - needs sashing, but I have a plan!
5. 4 patch chain quilt - begun at a BOM class. I hate it but have spent too much money on it to throw it in the mud and stomp on it. No change to this since last year but I am planning to work on it at a retreat in February.
6. Jelly roll race - begun 5-6 years ago. Only needs binding and has for 5-6 years. This is the year!
7. Charity quilt - not finished in time for Christmas.
8. Temperature quilts - Stuck in June.
9. Curved bargello
Old 01-04-2020, 07:04 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pearl40 View Post
Jan Hassard's Spirals (my avatar) - Still waiting for borders, but now I have the fabric.
No Avatar shows... by chance did you load it from Google photos, or FB, or other hosting site? If so, the pic here will disappear if the original moves or is deleted.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:12 AM

Smile UFO's

I am in. I have 5 or more UFO's I need to start working on finishing again. I have one that is at least 15 years old and when I finish it I will tell you the story. Thanks for making this thread.