2020 UFO Challenge

Old 01-12-2020, 07:14 PM

My Scrappy Star quilt is finished! A leader ender project. 2 1/2" squares snowballing 2 1/2" x 5" rectangles arranged to make wonky stars. Happy Day. I can check that on off the list.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:25 PM

Default UFO Tally to Date

Our count now stands at 12. That’s more than half the goal before this month is half over. Very good.

Keep up the good work and please be sure to PM me with your finishes.

1/1. Conchalea ...............2
1/3. Quossum.................1
1/4. dmo. ................ .......1
1/5. Grannof6.................1
1/8. Dedemac............,,,,,4
1/12. rryder....................,,,2
1/12. Retiredteacher09.....1

Old 01-12-2020, 08:25 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for keeping tabs on us, zo!
Old 01-13-2020, 04:56 AM

Thank you for the count, Zozee.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:08 PM

Default 2 UFOs done for Jan.

Hey all here are 2 UFOs that I finished this weekend. They're already listed in Zozee's count above. The postage stamp quilt is 38" x 35.5" and has been sitting in a drawer for at least 10 years. The pillow is made from a block I did 3 years ago and forgot about. It's about 12" square and was going to be part of a larger quilt using appliqué to explore transparency, but I decided I didn't want to do it and stuck the block away. Anyway, that's 2 off my pile of 29 UFOs that I started this year with. I'm hoping to get 2 more done (using up 4 UFOs) by the end of the month.

Rob
Attached Thumbnails img_2609.jpg   img_2606.jpg  
Old 01-13-2020, 05:59 PM

Great finishes! Rob...that pillow has my name written all over it. Lol... Love it!

Thanks, Zozee!

Old 01-13-2020, 06:47 PM

Rob: Congratulations on great finishes!

Old 01-13-2020, 08:15 PM

I'm new to the group as of today, and I am so IN on getting UFOs done! My priority UFO is a full-sized quilt that I started about three years ago for my own bed. I pieced the top pretty quickly; got my batting and backing pin-tacked together, but couldn't decide what I wanted to do for the quilting. So I set it aside for a "little" while to give myself time to think about it. Meanwhile one of our barn cats had a litter of kittens that had a crisis and four of the little ones ended up in the house. I didn't realize that one of the boy kittens was having urinary tract problems and had peed on my quilt until I went to move some things in my storage room, including the quilt. His UT problems have long ago been resolved and he's a very nice house kitty now - almost three years later. But I had to pull the quilt sandwich apart to wash it and I haven't had the time to put it all back together. And I still need to decide how I want to quilt it, too. I am determined that no other UFOs will be touched until that one is done. However, I have not declared a moratorium on starting new projects in the meantime because I've got to get a bunch of smaller projects done to sell before our farmers market starts back up in May.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:46 AM

Default Just Lurking around

Love your finishes Rob (Rryder) those two January finishes look great, thou the postage stamp is my favorite

Thanks Zozee for stepping up and becoming the tabulator

Pami Patchwwork welcome to the board and good luck on your goals for 2020

Good morning everyone, I stated earlier in the month that I would be lurking around while trying to get ready for the big move. Just dropping-in to say hello. Last week I collected a couple quilts (kid size) from my LA. Now all I have to do is add the bindings. Just can't settle down to do that. I started a new project in the mean while and can't divert my attention from it. Planning to take a few things to my circle today. Trying to disciple myself to pack a few things each day. Not very motivated in that matter.

Everyone have a Happy Sew Day

cherryb
Old 01-14-2020, 05:33 AM

Rob - I really like the the pillow, at first glance it looks like the over laps are transparent then I look and see different fabric.
Nice job on the two!