View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 08:15 PM
Pami's Patchwork

I'm new to the group as of today, and I am so IN on getting UFOs done! My priority UFO is a full-sized quilt that I started about three years ago for my own bed. I pieced the top pretty quickly; got my batting and backing pin-tacked together, but couldn't decide what I wanted to do for the quilting. So I set it aside for a "little" while to give myself time to think about it. Meanwhile one of our barn cats had a litter of kittens that had a crisis and four of the little ones ended up in the house. I didn't realize that one of the boy kittens was having urinary tract problems and had peed on my quilt until I went to move some things in my storage room, including the quilt. His UT problems have long ago been resolved and he's a very nice house kitty now - almost three years later. But I had to pull the quilt sandwich apart to wash it and I haven't had the time to put it all back together. And I still need to decide how I want to quilt it, too. I am determined that no other UFOs will be touched until that one is done. However, I have not declared a moratorium on starting new projects in the meantime because I've got to get a bunch of smaller projects done to sell before our farmers market starts back up in May.