Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

joe'smom 12-21-2020 10:11 AM

Dedemac, congratulations on your recovery and upcoming retirement, your cabin-to-be, and your beautiful quilt!

Dedemac 12-21-2020 03:43 PM

Thank you for all the positive comments. It's good to be playing with fabric again.

retiredteacher09 12-21-2020 08:14 PM

Dedemac: Congratulations on being a survivor! Lovely quilt to go into your future cabin.

rryder 12-22-2020 03:04 AM

Dedemac- so glad to hear that you are recovering from the treatments and are now cancer free. And congratulations on finish8ng your beautiful quilt!

Rob

Vasilisa 12-29-2020 06:26 AM

It is not the end of year yet, but I know I am not going to achieve another finish, so I can as well make a summary of my UFO (and other) progress in 2020.

I started the year with 5 UFOs and some plans to make new quilts as well. I finished 4 UFOs, the one I did not finish is already a super-UFO, since it was started in 2018. I wonder why it takes me so long to be done with it, it is nothing special, just Arkansas Crossroads made from scraps (plus new fabric for background). I did make some progress on it, however, so I hope to finish it finally this winter.

There are also 4 projects that have been started this year. 3 are quilts, 1 is a set of chair seat covers. Since in 2021 they will be already "last year's stuff", so they will count as UFOs for me.

So the plan for 2021 is: finish the Super UFO, finish the remaining 4 UFOs. I hope I will manage that in the first half of the year. Then I hope to organize myself with making new quilts in such a way that I am not left with anything from 2021 for 2022.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

petthefabric 12-29-2020 11:41 AM

Vasalisa, you go girl. The last time I had no UFO's was the year I started quilting, um, maybe 30 yrs.

Teen 12-29-2020 12:02 PM

Great goals, Vasalisa...! You did good for the year, too!

LOL@petthefabric...

Karamarie 12-30-2020 02:32 PM

carriem -could you please share with me what kind of interfacing you are using.

Teen 12-30-2020 06:06 PM

I prepped backing and batting for my most recent quilt and it is ready for LA’er. She has 2 of mine already so when I pick those up, I’ll deliver that one and, hopefully, the King quilt I should have complete tomorrow. Still no UFO’s but my LA’er bill will be crazy since I’m doing 2 mysteries right now, as well. We’ll see what these look like and I may just quilt them myself on domestic..

Rff1010 12-30-2020 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8447825)
I prepped backing and batting for my most recent quilt and it is ready for LA’er. She has 2 of mine already so when I pick those up, I’ll deliver that one and, hopefully, the King quilt I should have complete tomorrow. Still no UFO’s but my LA’er bill will be crazy since I’m doing 2 mysteries right now, as well. We’ll see what these look like and I may just quilt them myself on domestic..

I love my walking foot...oh yes I do...
I love my walking foot....it's quilts so true.
Simple quilting lines...it can do!
Then the quilt is done...doo-be-doooo!