Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

Teen 02-20-2020 07:15 PM

Gorgeous finishes, Grann.....congrats!

Working on a new wildlife panel quilt for my male cousin. I designed it on EQ8 and it's always exciting to see something you created on paper (or computer) come to life...even tho it's not a fav colorway. Lol.. I have one UFO at LA'r and one UFO ready for her...plus one newly finished quilt ready. Maybe this week the wildlife panel quilt will be ready too. It feels amazing to be caught up....except for the BOM UFO, which I have to think about a bit more.

rryder 02-21-2020 01:16 AM

Grann of 6 - congratulations on both finishes, they are beautiful!

Rob

cherrybsixty 02-21-2020 06:28 AM

Good morning everyone, I haven't been around lately and look at all the lovely finishes, Congratulations to all of them, they are Great. Enjoying the pics!!!

Not going to lurk long, still trying to work on my hunter star project. I did deliver one more UFO sandwich to the LA. I maybe able to work all the sandwiched one to her before the 'Great Move' (fingers crossed). Have a good Friday and keep the great work up

Happy Sewing Day everyone

cherryb

sewbizgirl 02-21-2020 06:34 AM

Hi Everyone...

Yesterday I did a big dive into my small scraps bucket. I have been putting blocks together, log cabin style or crazy quilt style. Our group leader said she would like us to start to support the troopers who wish to carry little huggie blankets and stuffed animals in their cars, for children involved in accidents and other trauma. My scrappy block quilts will be just about the right size to make those huggie blankies out of, so I may have some finishes to show soon.

Hope you all stay cozy and have a nice quilting weekend.

joe'smom 02-21-2020 07:43 AM

grann of 6, beautiful finishes! A pineapple quilt is on my 'maybe someday' mental list.

NZquilter 02-21-2020 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8362894)
Hi Everyone...

Yesterday I did a big dive into my small scraps bucket. I have been putting blocks together, log cabin style or crazy quilt style. Our group leader said she would like us to start to support the troopers who wish to carry little huggie blankets and stuffed animals in their cars, for children involved in accidents and other trauma. My scrappy block quilts will be just about the right size to make those huggie blankies out of, so I may have some finishes to show soon.

Hope you all stay cozy and have a nice quilting weekend.

What a wonderful cause to support! My heart always goes out to children in those situations.

susiequilt 02-21-2020 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 (Post 8362814)
Thanks, ladies. I know what it is like to need a "hug" when going through cancer treatment, so it is the least I can do. I feel this is one way to pay it forward.

both those quilts came out beautiful but i really am partial to the pineapple.
hope all is well with our group.
:)

Teen 02-21-2020 02:45 PM

A wonderful cause, Sewbiz... Been thinking of you with the flooding issues. Hoping all is well.

I made another block on the BOM UFO in between binding and WIP. I think I Have about 5 more to go. Don't see me finishing that in Feb but maybe March/April.

sewbizgirl 02-21-2020 05:38 PM

Thanks, Teen. The flooding has been bad. Our house is way, way uphill, but sometimes when it floods we can't get out! We get blocked by flooded roads whatever direction we go in. It wasn't that bad here, but in Jackson MS, (our nearest city) the water was as high as I've ever seen it. It's starting to recede now, so hopefully things are getting back to normal.

Teen 02-21-2020 07:49 PM

Great to hear, sewbiz....scary for sure...