Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2021 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2021-fabric-moratorium-t313678.html)

petthefabric 01-26-2021 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 8455636)
I may have already mentioned this but for 8 days I cleaned out my sewing room starting New Year's Day. I got rid of so much stuff that it now looks fantastic and I know what I have and where things are. So........ I've been deleting every email I get from places I like to shop. And the cherry on top? I'm picking up every day after I'm done. Yay me!! https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images...es/biggrin.png ( I'm a good girl, I am! ) Eliza Doolittle haha

You rock! Go girl!

retiredteacher09 01-26-2021 07:30 PM

SusieQOH: Way to go!

Teen 01-27-2021 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 8455124)
Teen, if the new quilt shop is close enough, maybe you can just think of it as the annex where you store your stash...

Rob

LOL... good idea... I wonder if they’ll let me just cut a narrow strip off a bolt once in awhile....lol..

Teen 01-27-2021 08:27 PM

I am still widdling away at my precuts... I gave one jelly roll away since I never really like the fabric and colors. It has sparkly crap on it, which I dislike, too...so off it went to someone who loved it. Not even sure where I got it. I have a 5” stack of 1930’s that I’m making things with for gifts and whatnot. Still much to go, though.

Teen 01-27-2021 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 8454930)
I'm joining! I spent 8 days cleaning my sewing room starting on New Year's Day. I donated 5 bags of stuff, threw out a ton, and sold a bunch of precuts I didn't want.
The only thing I bought so far is some Belle & Boo fabric to make a quilt for my granddaughter. It is the sweetest fabric- made in the UK. I found a US seller on Etsy. I'm going to fussy cut the little characters.
But other than that I'm not buying!!!!!!!

Welcome, Susie!! We got your back!

Teen 01-27-2021 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by petthefabric (Post 8455070)
Hi all. We have power!! Now I can sew what I've been cutting out and get back to the LA.

YAH! Finally!! You are off and running now! So happy for you!

froggyinNewMexco 01-28-2021 07:40 PM

I made five quilt backs last night and took them to the long armer this morning. My stash looks just as bug as it did before I made the backs. I think it is multiplying.

oksewglad 01-28-2021 07:58 PM

With the completion of my scrap blocks, I searched stash for completion. The color way is going a different direction, but I like it. Found in stash enough for 1. Setting squares and side triangles (a bubble gum pinkish +2 yards); 2. First border (navy 2/3yd); 3. Second border (another dark pink 3/4 yd); and 4. Outer border and binding ( a navy KT floral that ties the squares and borders together 2 yds.) I am stoked! Can't wait to get at it!

petthefabric 01-29-2021 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by froggyinNewMexco (Post 8456406)
I made five quilt backs last night and took them to the long armer this morning. My stash looks just as bug as it did before I made the backs. I think it is multiplying.

Some encouragement. It took a couple years until I realized the shelves weren't so tight. Then the odd stacks would fit in their rightful places and it started taking on the look of overwhelming but manageable. Now, a few shelves are empty and need to make purchases occasionally to complete a project. My goal is to leave very little for DD to discard when I'm gone or less for her to move if we must have help to move from this house (the next one will be a big downsize). I purchased all that fabric because I liked it and most of it I still do. So I want to enjoy the eye candy and get use from the $$$ spent.

retiredteacher09 01-29-2021 05:10 PM

Teen, froggy, and oksewglad: We can reduce by giving away or using it up. Keep up the great work!

I came to a standstill this week as far as using up much fabric. Let’s just say, the first quilt I’m making for my grandson’s first birthday next week has given me fits. I saw a design that I liked for the Susybee panel that I purchased in 2019 for him and drew it out, graphed it out, etc, but made calculation mistakes. 😢. Lots of unstitching but certainly is a learning experience. At least, our get together for him got changed to the 7th instead of this Sunday. I will get this done! 👍