Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2021 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2021-fabric-moratorium-t313678.html)

rryder 01-25-2021 03:34 AM

Great finish, Connie! Are you going to do the spiral quilting on it? I’m still trying to decide how I want to quilt mine...

Rob

oksewglad 01-25-2021 06:54 AM

Looks great, Connie, and a great use of stash! And it's okay to keep a quilt for yourself.

I have gotten over 40 squares of the six inch star blocks. Meanwhile I have several 2 1/2" strip sets 2 yards long and about 10 "I Spy" blocks. No yardage harmed in any of this. I think (?) my 2.5 bins look emptier!

juliasb 01-25-2021 08:25 AM

I know my buying patterns and this moratorium helped me a great deal. By the middle of January I use to buy at least $100 worth of fabric. Last year I made it through with only a couple of necessary purchases. Only one of those ended up not being used for anything. So this year I will report in just as often to stay on track. So far we are coming up on the end of January and I have not even looked at a Joann add or online at my favorite fabric stores. I consider this a big win for me since the sales this time of the year are the best! Heck I even made it through Black Friday. So I am patting myself on the back that I am sewing away all from my stash. Wishing everyone else the best.

Rff1010 01-25-2021 11:06 AM

So I went a little crazy* Dec\Jan because "I'm supporting my LQS!" But I'm looking at my collection* and I have plenty of fabric and just need to sew what I have.

I did just buy some Kona Snow- but it's a basic - can use with anything- item and actually makes the rest of the collection more useful.

*Crazy and Collection are subjective terms and apply to your own comfort zone. I have X space to store fabric and am pushing the limits... therefore too much.

Anne P 01-25-2021 11:44 AM

Hi, Connie, Could you give me more information about Debbie Brown's quiltalong? I have drawers of 2" and 2.5" squares and I really want to use them for charity quilts. I'm currently working with the 2" squares, but have a project for home. I'd love to share ideas with others who are doing the same. Thanks.
Anne P

Conchalea 01-25-2021 12:26 PM

Lithium quilt

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Lithium quilt, made with a jelly roll & a sheet for a back. The pattern is Ripple, but the blocks look like Li, which to a chemistry teacher says lithium.

retiredteacher09 01-25-2021 08:32 PM

Rob: Thanks and no I'm not going to try the spiral quilting. At this time, it just doesn't interest me although I may try it on something smaller some day because it is very pretty.. I have the quilt top and back sitting by the church quilter's box for now. I need to get brave and try to do some basic quilting like lines. It doesn't need to be much because the church group can tie it also. First I need to get the quilt done for my grandson's first birthday on February 2nd.

oksewglad: Thanks! I decided I would finish the UFO that was meant for my bed in the first place. Blocks were made in 2015 and 2016. I have plenty yellow and pink squares/fabric along with the sashing and border fabric to make another similar quilt for me if I choose. Great job attacking those 2.5" bins!

juliasb: Keep up the great work of using up your stash.

Rff1010: I was thinking I need to support my LQS again but I first need to decide if I have the correct colors to finish a baby quilt for my grandson or I may just buy some thread to quilt it. Crazy and collection are definitely subjective. lol!

Anne P: DebbyBrownquilts.com. Then go to Color Blocks. You need to sign up but it is free. She sends some emails to keep us updated with information she gives during the month.

Conchalea: I love your Lithium quilt!

WMUTeach 01-26-2021 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Anne P (Post 8455431)
Hi, Connie, Could you give me more information about Debbie Brown's quiltalong? I have drawers of 2" and 2.5" squares and I really want to use them for charity quilts. I'm currently working with the 2" squares, but have a project for home. I'd love to share ideas with others who are doing the same. Thanks.
Anne P

Do a google of Debbie Brown. Her color block quilt along will pop up! Or follow this link. It is free and so many folks are participating. .https://debbybrownquilts.teachable.c...s-color-blocks

jmoore 01-26-2021 05:16 AM

Connie, great job on your Color Block project. I only have about 15 of them done.

Conchalea, nice job on your Ripple quilt and solid colors.

Teen, I am lucky to have two LQS near me...good luck with your discipline. LOL

SusieQOH 01-26-2021 06:55 AM

I may have already mentioned this but for 8 days I cleaned out my sewing room starting New Year's Day. I got rid of so much stuff that it now looks fantastic and I know what I have and where things are. So........ I've been deleting every email I get from places I like to shop. And the cherry on top? I'm picking up every day after I'm done. Yay me!! https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images...es/biggrin.png ( I'm a good girl, I am! ) Eliza Doolittle haha