Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2021 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2021-fabric-moratorium-t313678.html)

Rff1010 01-21-2021 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Conchalea (Post 8454610)
The blocks have a light area that to me look like Li, the chemical symbol for Lithium. (You cant take the need out of me) So I call it the Lithium quilt.

Viva le Science!

Conchalea 01-21-2021 07:52 PM

Thanks Rff1010. That was supposed to say Nerd, not need. My phone changes random words.

Teen 01-21-2021 07:54 PM

Ckcowl....I love your temperature quilt. Doing it in FG is a great idea. Your other projects look great! Way to go...

I’ve been cutting scraps up for a couple of projects the last couple of years and I think I’m ready to start on one of them. Going to strategize this weekend and sort to see what I’ve got... I’m ready for the next quilt project so I thought I hit some scraps for a bit and see where it takes me before I grab a kitted up project box.

oksewglad 01-21-2021 08:18 PM

Wow, look at those finishes, ckcowl! I especially like the second quilt...very dramatic.

While sewing on my six inch stars, I'm sewing leaders and enders of 2.5 squares of kids fabrics making 16 in a square. A 4 x 4 setting with 2" sashing will make a 40 x 40 baby quilt. One can always add more blocks to the length and another border for a bigger quilt. Will see how many squares I can get made and then decide.

petthefabric 01-21-2021 10:11 PM

PG&E says Saturday PM midnight, power will be restored. A tank of gas lasts about 12 hours. DH will fill again tomorrow before going to work. Reading is good for only so long. Go 3 quilts cut out.

froggyinNewMexco 01-22-2021 08:00 PM

I'm all in. Only have to make backs to use up stockpiled stash. Or is that redundant?

petthefabric 01-22-2021 08:43 PM

Backs use a lot of fabric quickly.

retiredteacher09 01-22-2021 08:52 PM

Conchalea: You are both going through the stash. 👍

oksewglad: It’s amazing how fast the squares go together as leaders and enders.

petthefabric: That’s good news that it should be on soon.

Welcome, froggyinNewMexco.

Patg 01-23-2021 04:34 AM

I haven't purchased any fabric for years because all of my fabric is from estate sales and I have a huge stash. All I need to buy is thread now and then. And I haven't been to an estate sale for a year to add to my stash. I made lots of quilts for Project Linus last year and a few for baby gifts, can't seem to reduce my stash much!
Much of my fabric is vintage and I use it to complete the vintage quilt blocks I bought at sales or to do english paper piecing and other hand piecing.

oksewglad 01-23-2021 07:20 AM

Welcome Patg to the moratorium. Please share what you make! I see you are a newbie to the QB as well..welcome and enjoy the many threads available.