Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2021 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2021-fabric-moratorium-t313678.html)

WMUTeach 03-10-2021 04:22 AM

Lovely color block quilt, Rob. I like the concept of these quilts but you took it to a more "planned" scrappy making your quilt out of the ordinary. Quilting is of course exquisite.

petthefabric 03-10-2021 10:00 AM

Two apron panels were found in the boxes. A soft canvas was found easily for one of them, and it's nearly finished. The second just wasn't playing happily with anything found so far. Dug through another box and, yes!, found a match. So they'll both be finished by tonight. Also made an 18" wide pass on LA that's 104" long. I think 4 more will finish that. What a grand feeling!

petthefabric 03-10-2021 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished the 2 aprons. They're both reversible and pockets on one side. Pictured is the most interesting side. Since daughter has problems with neck with halter type straps they cross in the back.
Attachment 632166
One says Paris Forever. The apron is folded back to fit into the picture. The words are not cut off. The other is Christmas Greetings. She's as tall as I am, so I think the length will be fine.

retiredteacher09 03-10-2021 05:04 PM

petthefabric: You are making awesome progress! I like those aprons.

rryder 03-11-2021 03:50 AM

Thanks everyone!

petthefabric- those aprons look great!

Rob

Conchalea 03-11-2021 05:54 PM

K & I have put together 3 wheelchair lap quilt tops, all from stash! Each was made from the string blocks we've been making in between other projects. I'm almost finished with a 4th, also with string blocks. Yep, we had that many string blocks. I think there are enough of them for a 5th top! It's good we found a way to use them that will help others. I'm sure K has enough fabric for backs for any tops we make. She has a ton of fabric.

joe'smom 03-12-2021 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 8466976)
Joe's Mom- Thanks. The patterns are on the left side of the screen when you sign in. In order to download the patterns, you have to click on the pattern on the left side of the screen, that will bring up the pattern on the right, then you need to go all the way to the bottom of the pattern and click on the link that says download, otherwise it will download what you see on the screen and when you go to print you'll end up with the stuff on the left instead of just the pattern. Hope that helps.

Rob

Thanks, Rob! I'll give that a try.

ckcowl 03-14-2021 02:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well my 2020 temperature quilt is finished, 366 flying geese blocks all made from scraps, sashing/ border all stash ( Jinny Beyer border print) and even the backing from stash ( just barely made it with the backing- 3 1/2 yards of 108” wide backing fabric.
I also today quilted a kids quilt with stash fabric backing and used the last of my 40 yard roll of batting today.
there is ( breathing room) on my shelves as I continue using what I have. Between the moratorium and the UFO challenge I’m making great progress this year.
the kitten LOVES the temperature quilt! It is Huge! 108” x 118” - I really didn’t expect it to get so big. Couldn’t get good pictures today

petthefabric 03-14-2021 03:34 PM

ckcowl; your inspector is fabulous. Love the quilt.

retiredteacher09 03-14-2021 06:01 PM

Conchalea: That is a lot of string blocks! A great project and I’m sure very welcomed by the residents.

ckcowl: Wow! Lots of Flying Geese! Congratulations on finishing it. Your kitty is adorable.