Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2024 UFO Adventure Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2024-ufo-adventure-challenge-t322179.html)

happylab 04-04-2024 11:50 AM

Sync, which bom are you working on from stitche’ heaven? They have so many currently.

Sync 04-04-2024 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
happylab, the BOM is named Solare. I believe it started in March or April 2023. The fabric is batik and it will end up being 99 X 99. Have no idea why I started such a huge quilt. For some reason it just kept calling my name. Here's what it should look like when I put all the months together.

m-fay 04-05-2024 06:30 PM

That is going to be so beautiful

Rebaquilts 04-11-2024 03:48 PM

UFO from 90s

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all, I just finished the appliqués on this pretty, it’s been 30 years coming. It’s finally ready for my LAQ. This is from a class I took ages ago using a Judy Martin book called Shining stars, and a template ruler. I’ve so relieved and glad that it is done. Cheers!

WMUTeach 04-14-2024 03:52 AM

Very Pretty, Rebaquilts. I am happy for you! That looks like a challenge, but you did it and can check it off the list! Perhaps aging has just made it better. Tee-hee-hee! Enjoy the finish and bask in your accomplishment. Lovely quilt.

Sync 04-14-2024 09:20 AM

Rebaquilts, congrats on your finish. It looks wonderful. Don't forget to post another picture when it gets back from the longarmer.

Rff1010 04-14-2024 02:46 PM

Reba wins the pretty award! That's lovely.

I just finished 2 short-term UFOs (only 2 months) with binding so that brings my total to 3 charity quilts for this month so far.

Dedemac 04-14-2024 04:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a finish! But it's not quilting it's x-stitch. About 15 or more years ago DH and I started to go to Wisconsin with some friends to their cabin (really a 2 bedroom rambler on the lake). I think I started the x-stitch the second time we went over and usually only worked on it over there. Three weeks ago I found it and decided to do it a few hours each week. I finally finished it last week!! At lest it's a UFO off my plate, on to the next one.

WMUTeach 04-15-2024 03:10 AM

Dedemac, what a cute finish Such detail for you to catch up on. Bask in your success of finishing the cross stitch piece as you take on the next UFO. Congratulations!

happylab 04-15-2024 01:11 PM

Rebaquilts, such a lovely finish. I bought a few over kits. They aren’t ufo’s b/c I never had the skills to make them. Maybe next year. (Too many projects on this year).

Great job on you finish Dedemac, I have always liked that pattern.

Now progress for my quilting baby tops for a friend, not ufo’s. But they have priority over ufo’s. I did get around to ripping out the hair nest on one design section on a baby top I was quilting. So that one is completed. Yea. Only 9 more tops to go. Since we aren’t getting thunderstorms until early tomorrow I can quilt 1-2 tops today. Yea. I’m so excited. Progress. My goal have all done by 21st. Oh, well back to setting up next top and quilt.