Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2024 UFO Adventure Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2024-ufo-adventure-challenge-t322179.html)

QuiltingPandaBear 05-10-2024 07:00 PM

I finally finished my March goal in April!

it hasn’t been washed yet. Although some of the squares have gone a bit off-square, I’m actually quite happy with it! It has a variety of fabrics: borders are 100% cotton sheets in a sateen feel, red squares are corduroy, the plaid is some kind of poly/poly-blend, dark grey squares are an unidentified thick fabric (like a home decor thickness) and light grey is linen blend. Not gonna lie, I find the front very fun to pet, lots of textures.

https://i.imgur.com/xR1hlp2.jpeg

JeanieG 05-10-2024 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingPandaBear (Post 8647894)
I finally finished my March goal in April!

it hasn’t been washed yet. Although some of the squares have gone a bit off-square, I’m actually quite happy with it! It has a variety of fabrics: borders are 100% cotton sheets in a sateen feel, red squares are corduroy, the plaid is some kind of poly/poly-blend, dark grey squares are an unidentified thick fabric (like a home decor thickness) and light grey is linen blend. Not gonna lie, I find the front very fun to pet, lots of textures.

https://i.imgur.com/xR1hlp2.jpeg

At least you finished a project. I have been working on quilting my Bonnie Hunter 2014 Mystery Quilt Grand Illusion. I only have the binding to finish it up.

I am just astonished how much I have learned since 2014. Back then, I never measured each block as I finished them. I just sewed them together. When I look at this quilt, I feel blessed that NOW my quilts all go together perfectly! Thank you Bonnie Hunter!

I am real good as completing all quilts I start - however I quilt them all myself on my Brother 1500! I have 14 items that still need quilting! Hopefully I can get some more finished soon!

m-fay 05-10-2024 08:44 PM

I love it quilting panda bear.

WMUTeach 05-11-2024 03:49 AM

I started the task of a DEEP dive in my sewing room when I had no power and could not sew this week. Found a basket of UFOs that needed attention. So, I pulled it out so I could access it easily and piled on some WIPs that are on the verge of becoming UFOs and left the basket in plain sight. The basket is a mound, no total count taken, just a pile. Some have backs and batting cut, others are 10+ years in the making.

Now to put other things back in order and make a run to Goodwill with what will no longer "decorate" my sewing room with unwanted decor. ( I know that is another thread but it landed here too.) :)

Rff1010 05-13-2024 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach (Post 8647913)
I started the task of a DEEP dive in my sewing room when I had no power and could not sew this week. Found a basket of UFOs that needed attention. So, I pulled it out so I could access it easily and piled on some WIPs that are on the verge of becoming UFOs and left the basket in plain sight. The basket is a mound, no total count taken, just a pile. Some have backs and batting cut, others are 10+ years in the making.

Now to put other things back in order and make a run to Goodwill with what will no longer "decorate" my sewing room with unwanted decor. ( I know that is another thread but it landed here too.) :)

in order to know where to go...you need to know where you are.
Good job 👏

(I went.looking for a particular UFO of mine last week and I can't find it... Maybe I need a similar deep dive?)

Rff1010 05-25-2024 02:09 PM

Need words

I need words for a quilt to be donated to the local veterans home.

Someone donated a complete quilt top at PL meeting a few months ago. Nothing fancy - big white muslin square with brown and green borders. Don't make that face - it's calico. A little old fashioned - but they match. Size is 72 x 80, 4x5 layout. The only advice I have been given is many of the residents are men.

Current idea is to play in the blocks but reserve 5 for patriotic words like Honor, Duty, Country .... And....need more words.

Any advice appreciate including if you think my "words " wouldn't work for (reason).

Finishing off someone else's UFO....I think it counts for this board

(Ps. I found my missing UFO from 5-13 post. It fell under the sofa)

Rebaquilts 05-29-2024 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Rff1010 (Post 8649278)
I need words for a quilt to be donated to the local veterans home.

Someone donated a complete quilt top at PL meeting a few months ago. Nothing fancy - big white muslin square with brown and green borders. Don't make that face - it's calico. A little old fashioned - but they match. Size is 72 x 80, 4x5 layout. The only advice I have been given is many of the residents are men.

Current idea is to play in the blocks but reserve 5 for patriotic words like Honor, Duty, Country .... And....need more words.

Any advice appreciate including if you think my "words " wouldn't work for (reason).

Finishing off someone else's UFO....I think it counts for this board

(Ps. I found my missing UFO from 5-13 post. It fell under the sofa)

Yes for sure it counts and love the word idea. And finishing off someone else's UFO is a labor of love. Courage and commitment could be good words. Hugs!