Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Aaqi challenge for qb members (first annual?) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/aaqi-challenge-qb-members-first-annual-t185411.html)

JNCT14 06-13-2012 03:36 AM

OK I have 3 minis done and the 4th is in design. All meet the size requirement. Will post pictures as soon as the 4th one is done and I will get them registered. Just FYI for your count Leslie.....

JNCT14 06-14-2012 04:14 AM

5 Attachment(s)
So here are the minis I made for the challenge. I will be registering them today. These were really fun! Here is a funny about one of them called Quilter's Dream - Rginalovesfabric was nice enough to send me a box of scraps and the Quilter's Dream mini is what I made as a thank you (its being mailed Saturday). But I liked it so much that I am making another one for the Ahlzheimer's auction! If she is looking she should recognize quite a few fabrics so many thanks to Regina for contributing to this project and others such as the Comfort Dolls!

SewExtremeSeams 06-14-2012 06:50 AM

Very sweet minis.

n2scraplvr 06-14-2012 10:39 AM

Love them all! Great job! :thumbup: I registered one 3 days ago and still don't have a # yet. She must really be backed up!:o

Everose 06-19-2012 10:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These are my first AAQI wall hangings. Just need to write on the tags and they will go out this week. Thanks Leslie for the challenge. I have a number of designs for more. Fells strange to do something this small, but it was fun.[ATTACH=CONFIG]343202[/ATTACH]First one is called "Memories" #10810, second one is "Broken Memories" #10811

JNCT14 06-20-2012 04:10 AM

Got the registration numbers for my minis yesterday - so 5 going out in SAaturday's mail. Trying to figure out how to do either a Chinese Lantern or Celtic Illusion in small enough scale to qualify....

SewExtremeSeams 06-20-2012 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Everose (Post 5300993)
These are my first AAQI wall hangings. Just need to write on the tags and they will go out this week. Thanks Leslie for the challenge. I have a number of designs for more. Fells strange to do something this small, but it was fun.First one is called "Memories" #10810, second one is "Broken Memories" #10811

Sew Cute! Small means quicker, right? :D

SewExtremeSeams 06-20-2012 07:50 AM

My sweet Aunt Ellen died last Friday of Alzheimer's. It was a shock to me since she has not had it as long as my Dad. She was a very giving person and loved to bake specialty cakes and paint with oils. I miss her so much.

JNCT14 06-20-2012 08:38 AM

Linda you can make a mini and dedicate to your aunt. You can do that when filling in the registration form. And yeah, these go quickly. They are also fun!

rwquilts 06-20-2012 12:14 PM

So sorry for your loss Linda. A mini in your aunts memory could be a nice way to honor her life? HUgs to you!
[
QUOTE=SewExtremeSeams;5303061]My sweet Aunt Ellen died last Friday of Alzheimer's. It was a shock to me since she has not had it as long as my Dad. She was a very giving person and loved to bake specialty cakes and paint with oils. I miss her so much.[/QUOTE]