Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/allietare-bonnie-hunters-2015-mystery-quilt-t271706.html)

Podunk Princess 10-31-2015 04:55 AM

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

This year's mystery quilt has begun! The name of the quilt is Allietare! and it was inspired by Bonnie's trip to Italy.

Here's a place for all of us to talk about it and compare fabric and notes on our work in progress. The link to Bonnie's blog for the instructions is here:

http://quiltville.blogspot.com

For those of you who are on Facebook, you can also follow along with thousands of other quilters on her page called Quiltville Open Studio. A link to that page is here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/291023511046957

If you are new to this mystery quilt, please remember there are no dumb questions. We are all here to help.

Looking forward to lots of fun and sharing again this year. This is going to be a lot of fun.

SPECIAL NOTE: It's important to comply with all copyright and intellectual property laws. Specific pattern details and photographs of work that is not your own should not be posted here.

Sophie2 11-01-2015 05:08 AM

I am really looking forward to doing my second MQ from Bonnie. I have been quilting for more than 20 years, but the MQ last year taught me so much. Mostly it taught me to be patient and make sure my pieces were done correctly before going on to the next step. I love the way Bonnie give us certain amount of steps to do. I found I had no trouble keeping up with the steps. Looking forward to participating again this year and seeing everyone's progress.

SunlitenSmiles 11-01-2015 05:18 AM

went to Lowe's have the cards...my Daughter and I are soooo, sew, soooo ready.....look out stash here we come! :wave::sew: :rolleyes::sew:

pjnesler 11-01-2015 05:43 AM

Running out to Lowe's today to get my cards, I've looked forward to the new mystery since I finished the last one!

QuiltingVagabond 11-01-2015 06:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my fabrics, didn't even bother with the color cards. After seeing lots of people using green instead of gray I pulled a green one and a denim blue one. I haven't decided which I like best, feel free to tell me which you prefer! All from stash and I even have a backing with these colors in a paisley design on a light background.
DH said it wasn't that I saved by using stash, I just "pre-invested" LOL!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]534649[/ATTACH]

Geri B 11-01-2015 07:10 AM

Read her info on the mystery quilt...hmm, she will be using accuquilt dies, she states, but will give that info later? I don't think I will join, but I will eavesdrop ........

BonnieI 11-01-2015 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 7362948)
Here are my fabrics, didn't even bother with the color cards. After seeing lots of people using green instead of gray I pulled a green one and a denim blue one. I haven't decided which I like best, feel free to tell me which you prefer! All from stash and I even have a backing with these colors in a paisley design on a light background.

I like the green.

Cindy60545 11-01-2015 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 7362980)
Read her info on the mystery quilt...hmm, she will be using accuquilt dies, she states, but will give that info later? I don't think I will join, but I will eavesdrop ........

Geri, go back & read again, she states she's NOT using accuquilt, however, she will give be giving that info when the time comes for those wanting to use it. So, jump in! We'll all have a great time!

Have my paint chips, will be meeting up with BFF from Florida on Wednesday to shop for missing fabric, like the grey!

I really like the colors this year! Going to come out pretty, I'm sure!

CindyA 11-01-2015 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 7362948)

QuiltingVagabond, I'm watching what responses you get. I may substitute for the gray, as well. I don't have a lot of gray, I like the colors you pulled. I want to work out of stash this year. I did that year before last and was thrilled with my quilt. Last year, I went a bought new. I like it, but somehow feel a sense of accomplishment by using what I already have. :rolleyes:

tessagin 11-01-2015 08:37 AM

I'll just be observing and anxiously anticipating seeing some beautiful works of art.