Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 80 1 2 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

This year's mystery quilt has begun! The name of the quilt is Allietare! and it was inspired by Bonnie's trip to Italy.

Here's a place for all of us to talk about it and compare fabric and notes on our work in progress. The link to Bonnie's blog for the instructions is here:

http://quiltville.blogspot.com

For those of you who are on Facebook, you can also follow along with thousands of other quilters on her page called Quiltville Open Studio. A link to that page is here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/291023511046957

If you are new to this mystery quilt, please remember there are no dumb questions. We are all here to help.

Looking forward to lots of fun and sharing again this year. This is going to be a lot of fun.

SPECIAL NOTE: It's important to comply with all copyright and intellectual property laws. Specific pattern details and photographs of work that is not your own should not be posted here.
    Miss Rita

I am really looking forward to doing my second MQ from Bonnie. I have been quilting for more than 20 years, but the MQ last year taught me so much. Mostly it taught me to be patient and make sure my pieces were done correctly before going on to the next step. I love the way Bonnie give us certain amount of steps to do. I found I had no trouble keeping up with the steps. Looking forward to participating again this year and seeing everyone's progress.
    Sophie2

Blog Entries
    went to Lowe's have the cards...my Daughter and I are soooo, sew, soooo ready.....look out stash here we come!
    Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 11-01-2015 at 05:24 AM.

Blog Entries
    Running out to Lowe's today to get my cards, I've looked forward to the new mystery since I finished the last one!

Here are my fabrics, didn't even bother with the color cards. After seeing lots of people using green instead of gray I pulled a green one and a denim blue one. I haven't decided which I like best, feel free to tell me which you prefer! All from stash and I even have a backing with these colors in a paisley design on a light background.
    DH said it wasn't that I saved by using stash, I just "pre-invested" LOL!!!
    Name:  20151101_093255.jpg
Views: 9801
Size:  196.7 KB
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Read her info on the mystery quilt...hmm, she will be using accuquilt dies, she states, but will give that info later? I don't think I will join, but I will eavesdrop ........

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
    Here are my fabrics, didn't even bother with the color cards. After seeing lots of people using green instead of gray I pulled a green one and a denim blue one. I haven't decided which I like best, feel free to tell me which you prefer! All from stash and I even have a backing with these colors in a paisley design on a light background.
    I like the green.

Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    Read her info on the mystery quilt...hmm, she will be using accuquilt dies, she states, but will give that info later? I don't think I will join, but I will eavesdrop ........
    Geri, go back & read again, she states she's NOT using accuquilt, however, she will give be giving that info when the time comes for those wanting to use it. So, jump in! We'll all have a great time!

Have my paint chips, will be meeting up with BFF from Florida on Wednesday to shop for missing fabric, like the grey!

I really like the colors this year! Going to come out pretty, I'm sure!

QuiltingVagabond, I'm watching what responses you get. I may substitute for the gray, as well. I don't have a lot of gray, I like the colors you pulled. I want to work out of stash this year. I did that year before last and was thrilled with my quilt. Last year, I went a bought new. I like it, but somehow feel a sense of accomplishment by using what I already have.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I'll just be observing and anxiously anticipating seeing some beautiful works of art.

I haven't pulled my fabric yet. One thing I am going to do with my neutrals is wait until she gives some cutting instructions. I have a lot of 2" strips left from last year that I may be able to use. Looking forward to Black Friday!
    Sophie2

I am on the fence. Her quilts are made of so many little pieces and that is not my favorite. I have lots of those colors except for the gray.

I'm looking forward to this mystery, but am hoping to see some other colorways folks might do~~
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Suz
    My first time!! Went to the quiltsville site and could read the list of supplies needed but could did not see the list of colors. Where is this located? Thanks.

I'm not loving Bonnie's colours this year and I don't generally like scrappy quilts, although some of the combos I've seen are looking pretty tempting. My plan is to go my own way this time around. Here's what I've pulled from my stash so far. I have teal (Bonnie's gold), purple (red), brown (black), grey (grey), and cream (neutral).

Name:  PA310513.JPG
Views: 1757
Size:  202.3 KB

Suz, Here you go! It is on her blog Quiltville's Quips and Snips!

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2015/...allietare.html
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I've thought about it.......but I have waaaaaay over 30+ UFOs in my closet plus Project Linus boxes of fabrics, so I will watch you all.

Look forward to seeing all the pictures you'll post. Enjoy!!!
    Jennifer: Organized in my dreams.
    🌷RIP dear Tigger....you are missed! 🌷

Blog Entries
    The green looks better against the black. But a lighter blue could represent the sky.

I decided to work on this this year. I'm thinking of switching out the gold and red and switch in blue and purple instead. I need to buy some gray for it. Otherwise I will be using 2 prices of fabric. I just hope it's not a star design. Then my choices may not work. I plan to make and keep this quilt for my bed. I'm excited about doing this quilt. I'll be a week behind, since I have other things I have to do 1st. Oh well off to wash and iron my fabric.

Bonnie's colors this year are EXACTLY what I selected for Orca Bay. I will find something different for this year's mystery. I saw another lady who swapped black for Bonnie's neutrals and neutral for Bonnie's blacks. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Might be interesting.
    Enjoy your day,
    Jan

A fat quarter is not a body part!

My first stash pull... I think I may have enuf but might look for some more solid blacks & a few more grays.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aunt Jo, The grey is a Constant - only one piece of fabric. Of course, you can do it scrappy if you want - no quilt police here!!! Your colors look wonderful, I had lots of reds, but they are not the right color (too much orange), I'm going to have to get more reds, another darker gold, and wouldn't you know I had a perfect grey, but only 1 1/4 yard instead of 1 1/2 yard. Darn!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I like the green. Much better contrast than the blue.

Last year was my first BH mystery. I learned so much and loved the process. I substituted some of the colors and love my quilt. This year I love her colors so will be using those except might use green for the gray. Someone is mailing out the color chips tomorrow since I don't live near a Lowes. This is going to be so much fun!!
    This quilt really calls to me since my DGD's name is Allie!

I am still on the fence but think I will use a grayish or olive green for the gray if I jump in.
    Jan Marie
    http://www.quiltwalktalk.blogspot.com
    "You may be sorry that you spoke, sorry you stayed or went, sorry you won or lost, sorry so much was spent. But as you go through life, you'll find you're never sorry you were kind."
    Herbert V. Prochnow

Page 1 of 80 1 2 11 51 ... LastLast