Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Another Challenge - caution, aggressive! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/another-challenge-caution-aggressive-t261191.html)

happylab 06-27-2015 10:20 AM

I'm working on a lightening Block quilt for a friend and a Jacob's ladder block for another quilt. Both are 1/2 done. I'll post pic as I progress.

judy363905 06-27-2015 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by happylab (Post 7240241)
I'm working on a lightening Block quilt for a friend and a Jacob's ladder block for another quilt. Both are 1/2 done. I'll post pic as I progress.

Happy lab I will be watching for your photos ... I found a new to me pattern for fall leaves. ..made my notes this am and hope to start soon also picked up background fabric today. :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

quilting cat 07-23-2015 10:53 PM

45 or 50 blocks? Let's figure 48, which is 6 blocks by 8 blocks. If they are 12" finished, with no sashing, you'll have a quilt 72" BY 96". Add borders, and YES, that is a reasonable sized quilt!!! But I like to set off sampler blocks with a unifying sashing, so maybe I'll end up with another monster...did someone whisper UFO?

judy363905 07-25-2015 08:53 AM

Checking in

1 Attachment(s)
Quilting Cat...your math skills show through...please post photos for us to see your progress.

Checking in on my progress --- I finished the rectangle cornerstones, have half of the leaf rectangles completed...this has been fun learning to construct these units. I plan to use a medium grey for the sashing strips. The designer is Mary J. Burns and it is called Shakespeare's Leaves :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

happylab 07-25-2015 03:14 PM

Judy, I like the leaf layout.

I have completed my 3 quilt tops I was working on. My orange and tourquise has come back from the quilter's. She did a outstanding job. I just need to complete the binding and I will post pics. I exchange and gave her my two other quilts. Jacob ladder in Kansas Trouble fabric and ______ lightening block in blue and pink and white fabric. I'm looking forward to all projects being done. All projects will go out to three different friends. So close.

Now I'm going to start on a doll quilt for my sister and work on Sue

happylab 08-06-2015 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my finished orange and tourquise quilt. My friend quilted the top for me. She did a great job. It went out in the mail 2 days ago. [ATTACH=CONFIG]527121[/ATTACH]

retiredteacher09 08-07-2015 05:31 PM

Pretty quilt Happylab!

Connie

happylab 08-17-2015 08:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my second quilt finished. I used Kansa troubles fabric. So easy to make. Happy sewing everyone.

Deb watkins 08-20-2015 08:12 PM

You are doing a great job of finishing up things! I have several things almost done - but I am so bad at posting pictures. Keep up the good work!

judy363905 09-05-2015 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by happylab (Post 7288897)
Here's my second quilt finished. I used Kansa troubles fabric. So easy to make. Happy sewing everyone.

Great quilt. I have always liked tans and navy and the splash of red. I had not check this link for a while. My Shakespears Leaves top is ready to be sandwiches. I was going along quite well and on Aug 20th it was 115 degrees here in Phoenix and I found my self in the hospital with pneumonia. I am having a slow recovery and my sister and brother-in- laws anniversary quilt will not be finished by September 20. :(. My target is Before Halloween, have to see how thing progress

Judy in Phx, AZ