Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   ART Quilt Challenges Monthly (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/art-quilt-challenges-monthly-t189772.html)

nancia 06-21-2013 02:09 PM

welcome back, dottie! can't wait to see how you incorporate provence in your quilting. i know it will be delicious!

amelia0607 06-21-2013 09:20 PM

Would it be possible to start a new thread with each month's challenge? I am unable to check the board daily and sometimes it's hard to find the new one. I've never done a challenge before and am thinking about doing one in July.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks!

nancia 06-22-2013 04:28 AM

that would be up to suzie and patrice. suziehammond is our host.

dotcomdtcm 06-23-2013 06:43 AM

Who remembers what page the June challenge is on? TYT

nancia 06-23-2013 10:46 AM

hey, dottie! the challenge is post 750.

i'm taking the next few months to get some home stuff done, like b'day dresses for olivia lulu. and doll clothes for olivia lala. and my first quilt to stay here! i'm afraid my snap dragon has withered by the wayside. i may still make it as a wallhanging for one of the olivias. every princess needs her own dragon, don't cha think!

suziehammond 06-25-2013 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by amelia0607 (Post 6136274)
Would it be possible to start a new thread with each month's challenge? I am unable to check the board daily and sometimes it's hard to find the new one. I've never done a challenge before and am thinking about doing one in July.

Hi Amelia---We have discussed this issue several times in the past. There are certainly pros and cons on both sides. For instance a fresh list does make the starting easier but if we keep starting new threads then we lose out seeing many of the projects that are finished after the deadline. Etc.

BUT there is a solution. Sign up so that you get a daily digest of this thread only. It gets little activity and so you will only get the new infrequent additions which will keep you up to date.

suziehammond 06-25-2013 06:27 PM

So I hope to see what all you guys have been up to this month. I hear there are some withering projects and a few that are powering ahead. We are closing in on July 1 but there is still some time to finish this month b4 you need to start thinking about next month!

Let's see some completions! Seems to me there are some from a ways back just being done too.

dotcomdtcm 06-29-2013 06:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lots of family drama has zapped my energy. I have made a pile of doll quilts for my Guild's charity effort. They take little brain power and are very satisfying. I have done every monthly challenge so far, so I'll look again. (Hint: Where are the rest of you??)

nancia 06-29-2013 03:04 PM

as usual, i am here with very little to show for it. i have made 2 new mug hugs-- a russian blue and a tea cup and saucer. i am working on a turning 20 (my first) and it will be a "turned into 25". it's all batiks and i'm trying to decide if i want to applique' it. too many ideas, not enough action! i have 2 dresses still to make, and several mug rug/hugs for dallas folk. all swaps are satisfied.
i have to tell a fun story. dh and i went to a new restaurant for dinner and it was swamped so we had a margarita at the bar while we waited. we were perusing the menu and i saw the front-- a gorgeous collage of leaves and embellishments. dh had left his phone at home and was not into the idea of my stealing the menu, so...... i asked him to ask the lady next to him to take a pic of it. he said no, imagine! lol so i climbed down from my ridiculously high chair and went to her. i explained about being a quilter and how much i loved the design, etc. and she was happy to take the pic and e-mail it to me. now, if i only knew how to move it from e-mail to my picture file...........

jolo 06-30-2013 07:07 AM

dont u just lovvvvvve the way u find things to make a pattern for a quilt. I watch signs on the road, on br floors,pics in magazines,etc lol I have made some amazing quilts, just ask my family members . Its amost as funny as one of my daughters that saw me coming and said Mom I really dont need any more quilts. Haaaaaaaaaa.