Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   ART Quilt Challenges Monthly (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/art-quilt-challenges-monthly-t189772.html)

Tracy Delegal 07-06-2013 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by suziehammond (Post 6162821)
Welcome and don't worry! Put your WIP up anyway. We'd love to see them and I am sure they will fit into the themes we've had up the last few months somewhere! LOL

Thank you for the welcome Suzie! Well, it is a bit overwhelming. I mean the site! LOL A lot to look at. I will look for that forum and post.

Nice block quilt! Very sweet of you to make the quilt.

sewbeadit 07-07-2013 12:11 AM

Dotty, how did you make the sparkles sparkley? Looks like bobbin work? It is so cool, great job.

Tracy Delegal 07-08-2013 06:22 AM

Are there many AQ quilters here?

nancia 07-08-2013 02:08 PM

are you asking about the alzheimer quilts?
welcome, tracy! can't wait to see your work! i do more talking than producing, but my heart is totally in it! currently i am taking time off from swaps and i'm working on home and family projects. i have nothing that i have quilted! i also need to do 2 birthday dresses for olivia lulu and some more doll clothes for olivia lala. and i've inherited another little girl, marin, so she will soon be getting a doll with some shorts, pj's and robe, 2 dresses and a pair of jeans and a tank top. think that's it. may make her a sleeping bag out of fleece to go with. i'm thinking of starting a site about 18" dolls, their clothes, props, whatever is interesting! i will be taking henry and another doll to texas with me as i promised lala i would. looks like the dolls rule right now, lol.
i have made another mug hug and may post a pic of that, just for fun. my turning twenty, turned twenty-five. need still to add borders. thinking of adding an extra. we'll see. i will post pics of that too. what am i waiting for? the camera. did anyone see where i put it down?

Tracy Delegal 07-08-2013 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 6166719)
are you asking about the alzheimer quilts?
welcome, tracy! can't wait to see your work! i do more talking than producing, but my heart is totally in it! currently i am taking time off from swaps and i'm working on home and family projects. i have nothing that i have quilted! i also need to do 2 birthday dresses for olivia lulu and some more doll clothes for olivia lala. and i've inherited another little girl, marin, so she will soon be getting a doll with some shorts, pj's and robe, 2 dresses and a pair of jeans and a tank top. think that's it. may make her a sleeping bag out of fleece to go with. i'm thinking of starting a site about 18" dolls, their clothes, props, whatever is interesting! i will be taking henry and another doll to texas with me as i promised lala i would. looks like the dolls rule right now, lol.
i have made another mug hug and may post a pic of that, just for fun. my turning twenty, turned twenty-five. need still to add borders. thinking of adding an extra. we'll see. i will post pics of that too. what am i waiting for? the camera. did anyone see where i put it down?

LOL Thanks for the warm welcome Nanica. I was asking where the crazy art quilt(AQ)makers were. Maybe they are in this thread but hiding! (Imagining little fairy art quilters giggling behind their magic art quilts) I am just learning the "art" of art quilting. Actually I am making topers and then hope to master the free motion quilting!

Funny you should mention dolls. I have always wanted to make a cloth doll. The kind that Barbara Willis and Patti make. One day maybe.

So, where is this mug hug you speak of?

dotcomdtcm 07-08-2013 02:47 PM

The sparkly fireworks is hand embroidery w sparkly threads.

nancia 07-08-2013 03:51 PM

the mug hug is safely sitting in my sewing room and where's my camera is a better question! lol!
one of the things about art quilts that i love the most, is the stitching is an integral part of the design, by all means get comfortable with fmq, but there are a lot of straight lines you can use to great effect as well as echo lines. so don't let fmqing hold you back!

Tracy Delegal 07-09-2013 04:29 PM

Thank you Nanica. Right now I am content to finish the art piece of them and then dig in!

I also can't wait to see what all you art quilters come up with doing this Challange!

marytoddliz 07-20-2013 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been "Lurking here for a while, thinking that you are all so talented, but I really love "soft Art" I used to do a lot of it in the early 80's before I realized I couldn't do anything! Not sure why or how I pickd up that attitude, but I am seriously working hard to get rid of it!

I suffer from serious Migraines and sometimes the only thing that helps is just diving into a project that has no limits. Nothing that can go wrong, more or less. Yesterday was one of those days and I had this image of a quilt in my head, one that represented "Life interrupted" I could not rest, it just would not shake so I got up with head pounding, nauseous, bothered by light, the whole party! But I seriously got lost in the making of that quilt top.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]424874[/ATTACH]
I call it "Living with..." after I finished it I was able to fall asleep and when I woke up amazed at how closely it reflected my vision. So I posted a picture on Facebook and was really surprised that someone wanted to buy it!

If you will have me I would love to join your group, and possibly broaden my horizons. I want to have the fun that you all seem to have in here playing.

Thanks, Mb

suziehammond 07-21-2013 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 6187173)
I suffer from serious Migraines and sometimes the only thing that helps is just diving into a project that has no limits. Nothing that can go wrong, more or less. Yesterday was one of those days and I had this image of a quilt in my head, one that represented "Life interrupted" I could not rest, it just would not shake so I got up with head pounding, nauseous, bothered by light, the whole party! But I seriously got lost in the making of that quilt top.

I call it "Living with..." after I finished it I was able to fall asleep and when I woke up amazed at how closely it reflected my vision. So I posted a picture on Facebook and was really surprised that someone wanted to buy it!

If you will have me I would love to join your group, and possibly broaden my horizons. I want to have the fun that you all seem to have in here playing.
Thanks, Mb

Are you kidding? We'd LOVE to have you!!!! We will enjoy all your experiments good and bad so we can learn from you.

Your piece is excellent and someone with good taste has shown interest so you should delight in that. I certainly get exactly where you were coming from on that one. (Been there, done that with the migranes. Ugh! Mine went away when I hit menopause though :)

So keep working and showing us what you are up to. I personally can't wait until you do your next one.

My next one is on the board and I can't quite decide on it's finishing. Got some idea for the quilting of the middle --but then what? As of course subject matter and fabrics are a tad strange.
I may put it up partially done and get some feed back from everyone. Unless a midnight inspiration strikes. (One can hope.) Meantime I have three other ideas I'd like to start...always a danger for me as then none of them get completed.....:)

Welcome Mary Beth---would have said 'warm welcome' but you guys are too hot and I need the heat down here in the winter.