Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter 2020/2021 Winter Mystery: Grassy Creek (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-2020-2021-winter-mystery-grassy-creek-t312961.html)

SuzSLO 01-12-2021 04:15 PM

Jill: Your quilt is stunning. So beautiful.

Mkotch 01-13-2021 04:11 AM

Jill, I love your colors and the way your quilt is turning out!

jmoore 01-13-2021 04:14 AM

Macybaby, your quilt looks fabulous...and Jillmc, I love the colors you chose for this mystery. Fabulous job ladies.

origamigoldfish 01-13-2021 11:07 AM

I am loving seeing everybody's quilts...keeps me inspired to continue on my own. I am about half finished with my oblong blocks from part 6, I am hoping to finish them up today and start laying out my finished blocks.

WMUTeach 01-13-2021 05:31 PM

Jill, your color choices are wonderful. What I am seeing as purpleish/grayish just sets off the blocks and stars. Stand and take a bow!

Teen 01-13-2021 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My top and 2 sides are done using 4x4 layout...I’m close... Did pretty good with calculating units for smaller size. Only had to make 4 additional 9P’s and 9 sashing blocks.... lots of seams to match so I’m taking my time. I’m liking it a lot...but, man, is it thready with all these seams.

Mkotch 01-14-2021 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8452267)
My top and 2 sides are done using 4x4 layout...I’m close... Did pretty good with calculating units for smaller size. Only had to make 4 additional 9P’s and 9 sashing blocks.... lots of seams to match so I’m taking my time. I’m liking it a lot...but, man, is it thready with all these seams.

Although I made all 25 major blocks, I just couldn't handle the size the quilt was becoming. So I'm glad to see your 4 x 4 layout! I set 9 blocks aside and will set them together one of these days along with any leftover pieces. How large is your quilt in the end, Teen? I agree about the threads. With winter static, I am a walking ball of thread after each sewing session!

Stitches23 01-14-2021 05:04 AM

Everyone's quilts are so amazing! I'm enjoying seeing everyone's come together. It inspires me. I've got 1 block done. Hoping to work on more later today. Have company so not sure if I'll have the time I need, but eventually....

Teen 01-14-2021 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mkotch (Post 8452318)
Although I made all 25 major blocks, I just couldn't handle the size the quilt was becoming. So I'm glad to see your 4 x 4 layout! I set 9 blocks aside and will set them together one of these days along with any leftover pieces. How large is your quilt in the end, Teen? I agree about the threads. With winter static, I am a walking ball of thread after each sewing session!

Including just the 9P borders, this measures roughly 62 1/2 sq. I’ll be working on the HST border next, which adds another 6”...then I’m not sure on the final borders yet because I haven’t decided if I stay true to pattern or not.

Tartan 01-14-2021 10:58 AM

I saw on Bonnie site today that she is getting a lot of nasty comments on some people not liking the colours or how she did the pattern release. I feel so sorry for her as no one is forcing them to participate in her free mysteries. I thought quilters were better then this, I guess I was naive.