Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

NZquilter 10-21-2017 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7928884)
Great job. I was looking through my stash for possible fabrics for the next one. I think I will be in a blue mood.

I'm thinking of blue too!!:)

audsgirl 10-21-2017 09:17 PM

Great job, NZquilter! It's very striking with that dark border.

Leslie

Battle Axe 10-22-2017 03:38 AM

Of course we don't have to follow her color scheme. I've sort of taken the pledge to shop in my stash.....and I've been to a LQS once a week for the last year!! I have a lot of yellow and black, sort of bumble bee. I'm just not a blue person, more purple and green. I"m so glad her tick bite is not flaring up, but as an entomologist, I am most concerned.

She said that she was not going to let someone tell her she couldn't walk in the woods. Maybe I know too much, but I will listen to every insect in the world that carries a disease and there are a lot of them. Now there is plague in Madagascar. I wish I would have majored in something else!

Marcia

joe'smom 10-22-2017 06:06 AM

So beautiful, NZQuilter! I really like the look of the 3 rows by 4 for this quilt. My hope is that I can find stash fabrics for this year's mystery, and to plan on doing a smaller size.

retiredteacher09 10-22-2017 07:46 AM

NZQuilter: Beautiful finish! I haven’t touched mine since probably January except to move it to a new spot. LOL!

Connie

quiltsRfun 10-22-2017 08:07 AM

Your quilt is beautiful, Nzquilter. I like your color choices. I've completed my top but haven't got it quilted. I shopped my stash last year. We'll have the colors soon and I hope to be able to do the same this year.

PeriWink 10-22-2017 08:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my version of En Provence. I'm not thrilled with it. Just needs a binding so I'll add that to my binding stack. :o I enjoy playing along on this board, but I'm not sure I'll join in this year, and of course, this year's will be gorgeous!! What's a girl to do?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]582645[/ATTACH]

quiltsRfun 10-22-2017 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by PeriWink (Post 7929449)
Here's my version of En Provence. I'm not thrilled with it. Just needs a binding so I'll add that to my binding stack. :o I enjoy playing along on this board, but I'm not sure I'll join in this year, and of course, this year's will be gorgeous!! What's a girl to do?

I think your quilt is gorgeous. I've done the mysteries for four years and like some better than others. I've learned from every one. My favorite Bonnie mystery, Allietare, is still unfinished. En Provence and Grand Illusion are tops, not yet quilted.

happylab 10-22-2017 10:55 AM

L:sew:ovely tops NZquilter and periwink.

I finished my top, but like many, thought the yellow was overwhelming. So I'm going to take out the yellow pieces and replace with background and dark purple 1/2 squares. So later this week I'm going to play frog. This is the 1st top I completed. The others are in boxes waiting to be started or in 1 case do step 2-whatever. I'll post pic when I get that all done. Hopefully a before and after pic.

I'm excited to do this years mystery. I'm thinking controlled scrappy this year. Undecided on size. Does she give out the color info prior to the day after Thanksgiving? I still have lots of f-quarters I can use. :sew::wave:

tscweaves 10-22-2017 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 7928791)
Well, at least it didn't take an entire year, that was my goal, LOL! The quilting isn't perfect, but I am very pleased with it. It was my first time machine quilting feathers free-hand. She's done at last and now I feel like I can happily join in the next mystery without this being a UFO. I'm ready!

This is so pretty!