Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2019-2020-frolic-mystery-t307758.html)

tallchick 01-23-2020 04:16 PM

Wow I’m really loving everyone’s colors and I’m drooling at all beautiful neutrals everyone has been using! Seeing all the different color choices make me want to make another, perhaps half size, in different colors! This mystery was not for the faint of heart and it’s so good to see everyone working through the though parts, I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone’s completed quilts!

origamigoldfish 01-23-2020 04:16 PM

SusieQOH, your block is lovely! On my screen the colors of the star are kind of muted, making that aqua pop in a big way. I like it!

quiltsrfun, lovely colors!

Iceblossom, I was hoping someone would notice, lol. I was thrilled to find that in my fat quarter pack. It was the first fabric I ran out of!

JanieW 01-23-2020 04:26 PM

I’m really loving all the variety. My quilt is boring as all my blocks are identical. I have four completed but put the fifth one up to see what the secondary block will look like. I’m doing half the blocks with straight rows.

JanieW 01-23-2020 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oops, forgot my photo.

quiltsRfun 01-23-2020 04:41 PM

Janie, I like your all the same colors blocks. I also like ga straight setting.

Iceblossom 01-23-2020 04:44 PM

JanieW, I don't think that's boring at all. I think those of you who used yardage came out as winners this project. I love your dark floral against the greens.

Hooray for me, taking a break because I just finished my last block unit. I can start putting the blocks together tomorrow. Again, it wasn't really bad and I got a rhythm going, mostly I'm slacking. I think I'll gain some motivation/momentum once I see completed blocks, but right now I'm already inwardly groaning about the border and it feels like it will never end... but it will, and it will start going in leaps and bounds at this point.

Podunk Princess 01-23-2020 04:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Life has been so busy that it's been a while since I have posted, even though I've been working on this quilt. Have several blocks finished but still need to decide how to set them. Not sure I want them on point. For sure, I won't be putting the sawtooth border on.....don't care for that one on any quilt. Time will tell. Anyway, here's a couple of photos. I'm using my stash so the color way is totally different from Bonnie's.

wildyard 01-23-2020 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom (Post 8354229)
Ok, you can't sneak that by me -- love the origami fabric, Origamigoldfish!

Origamigoldfish, I too love your origami fabric! So perfect. I hope it is your trademark and you use some in every quilt you make!!
I am so impressed by your points and seam joins too. What a great job you did on your block. Well done!

JanieW 01-23-2020 04:51 PM

Thanks, Iceblossom. I’m looking forward to seeing what one of your blocks looks like. I’ve been following your adventure using dyed fabric.

quiltsRfun, your block is really striking. I just noticed you are doing the straight layout, too. Now we just need to figure out what to make from all the extra pieces we cut that we won’t be using to build corners. I’m not good at designing. Suggestions are welcome.

quiltsRfun 01-23-2020 05:13 PM

Janie, I read through the instructions and didn’t cut the corner pieces. I’ll still have some leftovers that I miscounted in the steps. They might go into the backing. Not sure yet.