Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2019-2020-frolic-mystery-t307758.html)

Sandra-P 12-23-2019 07:40 AM

Cindy, I lived in Washington for 30 years, then moved to Issaquah when I married my husband. When we go back to visit we are in awe of the prices for everything and the traffic! It is beautiful and green there, my daughter and siblings are still there. We will be heading back this summer for a reunion, always good to visit.

wildyard 12-23-2019 08:53 AM

I have cut a lot of strips of both colors, and hope it's enough for this clue. Today I cut 5 sets, but haven't sewn the HSTs yet. I can tell already I am having a lot of scraps from this step as I am not very good at cutting at an angle and sometimes veer off a little. It's not much, but then I have to straighten the cut and loose just a bit. , there is no wiggle room for these mistakes, so then I have to find another scrap to get that last cut. Also, because I am using scraps, I have to use 2 shorter pieces to make a long enough strip for cutting and then I have scraps from both ends. I will put these scraps to use, I just don't like loosing so much of my fabric to the scrap box. LOL, OK, I get it that I am complaining about making scraps from my scraps. LOL

Belfrybat 12-23-2019 04:17 PM

Ice-- I think since these are in sets you'll be fine with mixing the aquas and greens. I really like them.

Wildyard - I feel the same way every time I make a scrappy quilt -- I just end up with smaller and smaller scraps that I hate to throw away. Now I do Bonnie's mysteries with yardage and usually cut my scraps into strips and make "jelly roll" type quilts. I seem to have less waste that way.

joe'smom 12-23-2019 05:39 PM

We unexpectedly had our youngest two grandchildren over yesterday while Mom and Dad finished their Christmas shopping, so I did not get much cutting done. I made some progress earlier today and am heading back to the sewing room now, hoping to finish the cutting, and maybe even sew a few HSTs.

Bonnie's so good at rousing our curiosity. I wonder what we'll do with these QST pieces -- finish the QST with some green and neutral? And what about this odd number ?

joe'smom 12-23-2019 11:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These aquas really brighten things up. I went for the instant gratification and picked through my HSTs looking for one of each pairing (I think I missed a few). Some of my aquas are lighter than some of my neutrals, so I will have to keep an eye on that.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

KalamaQuilts 12-24-2019 06:16 AM

the odd number made me laugh...it's a mystery!
Wildyard, do you need some sticky bits on your rulers? I have used many things over the years, clear polish with glitter in it, nexcare tape, sandpaper dots, yadayada, but I have found these to be the best.
https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop.../-/true-grips?

I use the centers first, then cut the circles in quarters, and then use the background, used that way there should be enough stuff here to cover every ruler anyone has. Well worth the money, for future cutting needs. My rulers are pretty small so put them in the corners, that isn't where we are looking so no vision empeded. On large rulers I'd put one in the center too

wildyard 12-24-2019 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 8344448)
the odd number made me laugh...it's a mystery!
Wildyard, do you need some sticky bits on your rulers? I have used many things over the years, clear polish with glitter in it, nexcare tape, sandpaper dots, yadayada, but I have found these to be the best.
https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop.../-/true-grips?

I use the centers first, then cut the circles in quarters, and then use the background, used that way there should be enough stuff here to cover every ruler anyone has. Well worth the money, for future cutting needs. My rulers are pretty small so put them in the corners, that isn't where we are looking so no vision empeded. On large rulers I'd put one in the center too

Thanks for the reminder Kalamaquilts!! I had indeed ordered the stickers for the back of my rulers, then put them away and am not sure where they are. I am going to go see if I can find them right now!! I need to keep cutting up my strips today and that will surely help! Hugs and happy quilting everyone!

Queenbarbiej 12-24-2019 09:48 AM

Merry Christmas everyone!

WMUTeach 12-24-2019 08:09 PM

It is 11:00 Christmas Eve and I am awake waiting for Santa. :o Actually, just got home of a beautiful carols and candles service and will turn in soon. Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all. I hope your stocking is filled with all the fat quarters, charm squares and little gadgets that you dream of.

QuiltingVagabond 12-25-2019 07:02 AM

Merry Christmas fellow MQer's! I finished cutting Clue 4 last night and as we have a very low key day planned I will most likely have the sewing done by this evening.