Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Box of Strings Quilt Along! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/box-strings-quilt-along-t295603.html)

Jane Quilter 03-19-2018 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by NoraB (Post 8024537)
I'm not home now, but would love to join in on this when I get back to town. I'm wanting to make some baby quilts.....so what do you guys think would be a good color for the triangle? In one case, I know it's a girl.....in the other case, I don't know. Any suggestions? Thanks for organizing this jclinganrey ....will be fun and Angelina NR, thanks for the tutorial!

Dark purple would look good. Red would be bright.

costumegirl 03-19-2018 08:14 AM

You could any color as long it is on the darker color value so that you can keep the dimensional rectangle effect - dark blue, dark green, dark burgandy, dark red or even dark gray if you want to give it a modern twist :)

Cheesehead 03-19-2018 08:22 AM

I'm enjoying reading about the color variations that one could use, the options for this is endless. I just cut 94 black triangles, which is only about half of what we need for the size of the quilt Angelina made. Taking a break then will stat pulling out scraps that will need to be ironed.

joe'smom 03-19-2018 08:26 AM

Jane, thank you for organizing this quilt-along, and Angelia, thanks for sharing that tutorial! I have strings, and a large amount of midnight blue that I bought for a quilt that didn't pan out. This would be a great use for them.

QuilterMomma 03-19-2018 08:34 AM

ok, signing up for this page comments. That is beautiful! and Lord knows I have lots of strings.

jclinganrey 03-19-2018 11:42 AM

Lots of good ideas about other possible colors. I might go with a very dark blue. I think I might try one block with dark blue and one with black & see which one I like better although my dark blue is 'right next door' to black so I'm anxious to get your opinions.

jclinganrey 03-19-2018 11:45 AM

I also am thinking of setting my rows so that the triangles run horizontally instead of vertically. Just some thoughts swirling around in my brain - - -

Macybaby 03-19-2018 11:51 AM

I may join in, I have a lot of strings! Whenever I've had something longer than 3.5" but narrower than 1.5" it gets tossed into a gallon jar. I think I've started on my third one, and they are packed tight.

Cheesehead 03-19-2018 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 8024741)
I may join in, I have a lot of strings! Whenever I've had something longer than 3.5" but narrower than 1.5" it gets tossed into a gallon jar. I think I've started on my third one, and they are packed tight.

I was thinking of you when this thread was started and wondering if you were going to jump in on the fun!

AngeliaNR 03-19-2018 02:02 PM

Wow! I'm very flattered that you are doing this. Thank you for the interest.