Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

oksewglad 01-15-2014 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by huntannette (Post 6514821)
I`m amazed...have you made many minis???

I've made several--This all started when I began making quilts for AAQI--the Alzheimer's Quilt project. I donated 20 of various size fabrics piecing to their project.--most 1/2" finished pieces. I decided to see if I could go smaller and found out I could and have finished around 10 that size. All tod I probably have done close to 50 minis of some sort and that doesn't count Christmas ornaments etc. It's a bit of an obsession I'm afraid!

oksewglad 01-15-2014 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by alisonquilts (Post 6514675)
I wondered if it was bound!! Cool idea!! And how did you manage to press any seams without burning your fingers?

In awe over here.

Alison

Very carefully:D:D:D

huntannette 01-15-2014 07:56 PM

wow....wish I could see more...sounds like a lot of fun....must try one sometimes

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6515205)
I've made several--This all started when I began making quilts for AAQI--the Alzheimer's Quilt project. I donated 20 of various size fabrics piecing to their project.--most 1/2" finished pieces. I decided to see if I could go smaller and found out I could and have finished around 10 that size. All tod I probably have done close to 50 minis of some sort and that doesn't count Christmas ornaments etc. It's a bit of an obsession I'm afraid!

QuiltE 01-15-2014 10:07 PM

HuntAnnette ... OKSGlad is THE Queen of Minis!!! but now that she's done this micro-mini, dear knows what she has in store for the future! Stalk her, as she has shared many of her minis here. Then try one yourself ... and you will soon be hooked!

OKSGlad ... I truly am honoured to have your debut micro-mini!!!! And yes, I did gasp at that binding. Well actually I gasped at the whole thing. A wonder woman you are! I bet your count is low ... as I bet you have forgotten some of your give-aways to the school, friends, etc.

Anael 01-16-2014 12:41 AM

This really is one of a kind ! ! ! ! I did see it before but still can't imagine you can do blocks this small and they look this great!

deranged_damsel 01-16-2014 06:07 AM

OOooooohhh AAAaaaaahhhh!!!! well worth the wait!

QuiltE 01-16-2014 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel (Post 6515675)
OOooooohhh AAAaaaaahhhh!!!! well worth the wait!

Oh indeed it was .... but I've one-upped-you, DDamsel ....I have the REAL thing! :D:D:D

huntannette 01-16-2014 02:12 PM

I can see that she is the queen....I went back and looked at past posts....amazing, just amazing!!! yes someday I will....try that is....

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6515396)
HuntAnnette ... OKSGlad is THE Queen of Minis!!! but now that she's done this micro-mini, dear knows what she has in store for the future! Stalk her, as she has shared many of her minis here. Then try one yourself ... and you will soon be hooked!

OKSGlad ... I truly am honoured to have your debut micro-mini!!!! And yes, I did gasp at that binding. Well actually I gasped at the whole thing. A wonder woman you are! I bet your count is low ... as I bet you have forgotten some of your give-aways to the school, friends, etc.

deranged_damsel 01-16-2014 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6515929)
Oh indeed it was .... but I've one-upped-you, DDamsel ....I have the REAL thing! :D:D:D

you know.... when you are robbed in the night and the only thing that is missing is your siggie block from Ok.... at least you will know where to look for it ;)

:p

QuiltE 01-16-2014 03:27 PM

:D:D*giggles*:D:D

****note to self****
place OKSGlad's siggie block under lock and key!!! ;)