Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

mirabelle 03-21-2014 11:27 PM

QuiltE that is super cute, I could make out a few signatures in the centre. What a wonderful memory quilt you will have to cherish

QuiltE 03-22-2014 04:08 AM

Thank you Ladies! :)

Anael ...
I still have to embroider my block! Plus in the centre, on the white around the Friendship Star, my plan is to write/embroider "Fabric Friends Challenge 2013".

MiraB ... I will do close ups of the siggies when I have it done, so each can see their own better and check out what others did. I don;t think mine will be overly creative ... just a simple QuiltE :)

gardnergal970 03-22-2014 04:26 AM

So thoughtfully done! Priceless.

QuiltE 03-22-2014 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 6638939)
So thoughtfully done! Priceless.

Thank you GGal .... when I sent out the siggies I fully expected to make a table runner or maybe a small topper. Then as they were coming back I drafted out a large topper, similar to the centre. Well, as I put the squares up on the wall, I was liking what I saw. Next thing I kept cutting and placing TATW blocks .... and it grew! Then, as I started to stitching them together, I got more excited as to how it was looking, and was quite pleased. I found a nice dusty rose backing, complete with roses!! ........... BONUS ... all came from my stash! :)

alisonquilts 03-22-2014 05:17 AM

That is so cool, QuiltE! Can't wait to see your embroidery - do you do hand or machine?

Alison

QuiltE 03-22-2014 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by alisonquilts (Post 6639019)
That is so cool, QuiltE! Can't wait to see your embroidery - do you do hand or machine? Alison

Thanks Alison ... oh no, I am not the techno-savvy one, so no machine embroidery for this kid! It'll be old-fashioned-by-hand .... and pretty rough at that, as I have not done much of it in years. **brainwave** next week we could find a Starbucks and drink our lattes while a-chattin' and a-stitchin' on it together!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

alisonquilts 03-23-2014 04:59 AM

I like iyour plan! Bring it with you so I can see it in person, even if we don't end up stitchin' and sippin'.

Alison

QuiltE 03-23-2014 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by alisonquilts (Post 6640378)
I like iyour plan! Bring it with you so I can see it in person, even if we don't end up stitchin' and sippin'. Alison

We'll surely do some sippin' if not some stitchin' ............ or will we have time with the FARTin'? :D:D:D:D

oksewglad 03-25-2014 07:55 PM

This looks so great--love how the siggie space reinforces the medallion look.

QuiltE 03-26-2014 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6645065)
This looks so great--love how the siggie space reinforces the medallion look.

Thank You OKSGlad ... and look at how your micro-mini shines out!
I am really pleased how this is turning out ... now to get at the embroidery!