Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/grand-illusion-bonnie-hunters-mystery-quilt-2014-a-t255071.html)

susiequilt 12-11-2014 06:01 PM

I'm ready for clue 3 also. I fizzled out on working on 2. I have all the double diamonds made just haven't found time to put more than one together. Looked over clue 1 that I finished and a couple of those blocks are just plain wonky! I can't believe I didn't notice them when I sewed them together! May have to redo those.
I'll catch up someday!

joe'smom 12-11-2014 07:10 PM

It looks like I'll get a little farther with clue #2 than I did with one; I have about half of the pink triangles sewn to neutrals. I plan to set aside clue #2 and move on to #3 tomorrow.

sewbizgirl 12-11-2014 08:59 PM

Lovely blocks, Whitepine...

Haven't gotten to start clue 2 yet so I'm officially one whole clue behind! I've had to finish three quilts this week to be mailed internationally, plus get a box together and mailed for Christmas for my son overseas. No time for clue 2! I will hopefully catch up next week.

Tomorrow I get a wisdom tooth pulled (at my age!). I hope I'm in good enough shape to sew over the weekend...

ScubaK 12-12-2014 12:45 AM

I am ready for Clue #3..
So far all pulled from my stash.
I hate that ruler so I cut Clue 1 with my AccuQuilt GO...
For Clue 2, I cut most of that with my Go as well, but found some wonky pieces from my haste.
This is my first time on a MQ...and so far, I am having fun and loving it.
Kirsten

CindyA 12-12-2014 01:48 AM

Whitepine, LOVE your fabrics, especially that black and white!!

SunlitenSmiles 12-12-2014 03:10 AM

yea, green, clue 3 is fun !
this is a piecing method I have been very successful with in the past, yea, ready for success !
Happy sewing everyone, glad I cleaned and oiled my 301A last night !

michelleoc 12-12-2014 04:17 AM

Yay! A clue that doesn't make my brain hurt! I think #3 will give people a chance to catch up.

nancysp 12-12-2014 04:57 AM

Just printed off clue 3 and off to work. Can't wait to get home and start. My greens look a little more yellow than Bonnie's and I now wish my neutrals were white rather than cream colored for the backgrounds. I'm sure it will all be fine but I so love her colors and cute white backed neutrals.

Redtop 12-12-2014 05:03 AM

I am ready for Clue #3, not because I finished 2. I have worked on 2 ALL week and still not finished. I NEED CLUE 3. It seems a lot more easier, maybe those of us that are behind can get caught up this next week.

brookemarie19 12-12-2014 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by SusanSusan33 (Post 7004020)
Yes- a bit harder for sports, writing in a spiral notebook and smearing ink in general. It's harder for crafts, too! I have to buy all left handed scissors and following along on videos is hard to adapt how to cut things left handed sometimes. If it's a book I can turn it upside down, but I can't flip a video monitor. LOL

If you're watching the videos on a tablet, maybe you can lock the screen rotate option then turn it over? One gray thing about lefties for my kids is that it was easier for them to learn to tie their shoes. They could watch me at the same time and not try to turn it around in their heads lol. It was so much harder with my right handed kiddos lol