Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/grand-illusion-bonnie-hunters-mystery-quilt-2014-a-t255071.html)

dianeinsterling 12-11-2014 08:15 AM

I'm doing that method also. I put one together and have most of them cut out. I have a family wedding this weekend and I'm doing the flowers for it so I won't have any time until that is over.

Originally Posted by Sophie2 (Post 6997343)
I spent a couple hours this morning playing with scraps to figure out how to do Clue #2 using the Easy Angle template. It took me awhile, but I finally figured it out. I didn't want to use the method that required marking the squares and then having the cut off piece left over. At first I was trying to attach the triangle to the wrong side - LOL. Know wonder it wouldn't work. I have all my pieces cut out and will start putting them together tomorrow. I did do one, so 199 more to go and then putting them in pairs. Actually, I will be doing them in groups of 10. I like doing them in small groups so I can see progress and don't get bored doing the same step.

jolo 12-11-2014 08:47 AM

Well leave it to me to mess up.lol I have some that the angle is going the wrong way. So it is froggy time, then catch up time again. The good thing is I will still finish this in time for the next clue so will start that on time. WHEW!!!!!! Sorry for your loss Alva.Prayers for you and your family.

michelleoc 12-11-2014 09:04 AM

Podunk: I love your colors! They look so clean (that's not exactly the word I'm thinking of, but hopefully you know what I mean! - not busy, restful, oh I give up!).

SusanSusan33 12-11-2014 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19 (Post 7003143)
Susan, you will be happy to know that 2 of my 4 children are lefties. I never knew how hard it was for lefties in so many things until I had my son. Very difficult for sports.

Yes- a bit harder for sports, writing in a spiral notebook and smearing ink in general. It's harder for crafts, too! I have to buy all left handed scissors and following along on videos is hard to adapt how to cut things left handed sometimes. If it's a book I can turn it upside down, but I can't flip a video monitor. LOL

michelleoc 12-11-2014 09:51 AM

I used method #3 for doing clue #2 and have all those leftover triangles. I'm using Bonnie's colors. If anyone would like to have them, please PM me your address and I'll send them out to you. I would have to be heavily medicated in order to want to work with pieces that small, but I know that tons of you gifted ladies could use them.

Podunk Princess 12-11-2014 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by michelleoc (Post 7003992)
Podunk: I love your colors! They look so clean (that's not exactly the word I'm thinking of, but hopefully you know what I mean! - not busy, restful, oh I give up!).

Thanks so much! I know what you mean.....LOL.

quilt addict 12-11-2014 12:34 PM

I did sew a few of the week two blocks together. I used the alternate strip method and am also having issues with getting that center point to match. So what I tried is cutting my chevron from the strip and sewing together prior to trimming it to a rectangle and it is working better. So I will be behind tomorrow I think unless I get busy tonight and have more sewing and less ripping.

Totally spaced on the webcam last night but guess I didn't miss anything.

michelleoc 12-11-2014 04:03 PM

SusanSusan: you were the first to respond, so I'll send the triangles out to you tomorrow.
Michelle

whitepine 12-11-2014 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm nowhere finished with Clue #2 but I did get some done and I kind of like this idea of stopping and going on to Clue #3 tomorrow. [ATTACH=CONFIG]502189[/ATTACH] I just hope I go back and finish. :)

Grace creates 12-11-2014 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by AlvaStitcher (Post 7002407)
I received the news last evening that my brother was killed last night in an accident with a semi log truck while responding to a house fire. I worked for several hours after getting the news on Clue #1 blocks. It was very good therapy for me. Soothing to my soul. This will certainly be a quilt to remember.

Quilting is soothing for your soul and creativity helps one get through rough times and grow from the experience. Prayer's go out for you. Love and Peace You sound as if you are a very wise soul.