Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/grand-illusion-bonnie-hunters-mystery-quilt-2014-a-t255071.html)

sewbizgirl 02-15-2015 06:34 AM

Well, I ended up using that pretty backing fabric for a lap quilt I was finishing last night... and I figured out they are actually hydrangeas, not geraniums! It was perfect for the smaller quilt. So now I have to come up with something else for the GI back. No rush, tho. I have to make a wedding quilt for my son first....

Thanks for all your comments on my GI top!

joe'smom 02-15-2015 07:09 AM

Beautiful, sewbizgirl!

whitepine 02-15-2015 07:53 AM

Yes, beautiful! Great job! (I knew they weren't geraniums but I couldn't bring up what they were. Hydrangeas, of course. Glad they found a home.)

CindyA 02-16-2015 01:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]510491[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]510492[/ATTACH]
Can I sneak in a couple more rescue dog pictures? Lola (on top), sleeping. Hank, a ridiculous 80 lb. bassett who was aggressive when we adopted him but is MUCH nicer now. :thumbup:

All of the GI pictures are wonderful. Love the owl backing fabric (but my BFF quilt buddy would've picked the skulls!). Beautiful floral backing, too. I haven't worked on mine in weeks, but am going on retreat soon so I hope I get back to it.

KalamaQuilts 02-16-2015 01:26 PM

what dolls, those ears! Our doxy pair are puppy mill rescues. Adults when we got them. Every day is training day and I despair of ever feeling they are socialized, but because it has been training day every day for 6+ years over all they are better behaved than any of our dogs we had from puppy size.

I've gotten my grand illusions on the table ready to be basted. Drug out my Celtic Solstice :) The only mystery I let become a UFO but I did have an excuse!

QultingaddictUK 02-16-2015 01:34 PM

CindyA they are gorgeous don't you just love those ears and eyes to die for!

sewplease 02-16-2015 03:50 PM

The dog pictures are wonderful and I love hearing rescue stories.
Hank is such a cutie! When I was in college a pair of bassetts lived behind me. They were named Nemo and Binkie. :-)

I'm over halfway done with the blocks. 13 finished so far...hopefully a couple more tonight..

sewbizgirl 02-16-2015 06:54 PM

I love Lola and Hank! What cuties...

lfstamper 02-16-2015 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by auntjo (Post 7078199)
It's fresh off the quilting frame. Used the pantograph "Field of Flowers" by Keryn Emerson Now to get it bound this afternoon (picked one of the aquas) after I take it to my long arm group to share. Almost there! :) Then it's off to it's new home in Iowa w/my Mom

Auntjo- i Love the back fabric! Do you know the name and manufacturer?

Sophie2 02-17-2015 05:29 AM

Our last basset, Otis, was a red and white. He lived to be almost 17 and was almost white at the end. Bassets do need to be trained everyday! My DH says they always forget what was taught them the day before - by choice. There was a nice red and white basset in the Westminster Dog Show last night. Can't help but love the bassets. We have had three.