Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Harriet's Journey BOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/harriets-journey-bom-t314256.html)

DottyD 07-02-2021 01:18 PM

Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by Kitsie (Post 8494306)
No, but the book is available through Amazon, so thanks!! But if I get a copy I can pick and choose to add to my "community quilts" for Canada. I like doing a 6"er every day from the MANY of patterns I have. So off to Amazon!

Your very welcome to join us if you change your mind - it would be nice to see the blocks you make !

WMUTeach 07-02-2021 04:24 PM

Yes, Pictures, pictures, pictures. We LOVE pictures. Welcome and show us your journey. O-O-O more tomorrow. Looking forward to them.

QuiltingVagabond 07-02-2021 07:09 PM

Already time for more blocks? Good thing I am nearly finished with last month's. Just the applique block to finish.

DottyD 07-03-2021 01:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone, how are you all ? Keeping safe and well I hope !
So anther month has gone - goodness knows where !
Here are the next eight blocks

July 3rd,

D 2 Fairy Bells page 38
D 9 Friendship Chain page 43

July 10th,

E 3 Hamilton page 45 ***
E 8 Job's Tears page 48

July 17th,

G 5 Overland Star page 57
G 7 Pennsylvania page58

July 24th

I 2 Whig Rose page 69
I 6 Star Valley page 72

On block E3 Hamilton on page 45 I believe there is a misprint in step 4, second paragraph it says " Use a rotary cutter to crosscut into 4 strips " -- this should be 8 strips to make make 4 - Four Patch units. For Light Beige and Medium Green "C" strips - cut 1 1/2" x 14" - this is very generous length and as I hate wasting fabric I cut them at 13" and still had too much fabric !

For I 2 - Whig Rose ( Applique )- I substituted it with a block from Loyal Union Sampler, Augusta on Page 17.

Here are my blocks.

toverly 07-03-2021 03:38 AM

Thank you Dottie! Not only blocks but corrections also. I appreciate that. It looks like Augusta was a good substitution. I will be substituting also. I am loving the paper pieced blocks but not the applique. Have a great weekend everyone!

joe'smom 07-03-2021 03:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you, Dotty! It's always such fun to see your blocks. They look great!

Here are my last month blocks (including the partially finished applique block).

WMUTeach 07-04-2021 04:47 AM

Was thrilled that two of the blocks for July I had already done. OK, the Pennsylvania is the alternate block for my layout and I made, 48 of them but the Hamilton (E3) was finished too. I like it enough that I may make a quilt of them for a "Hamilton" lover I know. I will likely expand the size a bit for sure. I have a weekend of quilting planned and no room for piecing but I will put cutting and piecing on my calendar for later this week.

QuiltingVagabond 07-04-2021 04:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, I just finished that pesky applique block, here are my June blocks.

Mkotch 07-05-2021 02:23 AM

Very pretty blocks, Quilting Vagabond! You were especially brave to try that tiny applique!

toverly 07-05-2021 04:10 AM

Great blocks Quilting Vagabond. Love that background.