Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   International Patriotic Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/international-patriotic-challenge-t186260.html)

dublb 04-26-2013 05:41 PM

OMGosh Mary!!!! It's wonderful! He's gonna love it! Definitely patriotic. (PS Tell him "Thank You" for his service.)

jolo 05-14-2013 05:05 AM

All of these are sp beautiful, I am in awe!!!The eagle brings tears to my eyes. I am doing the presients of the USA in redwork.I need to do from Wasington to Lincoln . Only 16 more !!!!!!! Dont think I will be done by July 1 tho. Jo

dublb 05-14-2013 12:10 PM

When ya git it done we will be waitin' ta see your President's quilt. It'll be wonderful I'm sure. :)

jolo 06-23-2013 08:22 AM

Thanks , I will but had to put it on hold for a bit. My eleven year old granddaughter was here for a short visit and wanted to learn to sew on the machine AND make a quilt. She wanted patriotic colors soooo... We dug those out of my stash ,I cut out enough 5 in blocks to make a throw for her when she was watching tv. Put on a 1/4 in foot and off we took.!!!!!. got the top done( I set it together ) It is now at the quilter so I can mail it to her in Florida. cant wait to get it to her. She was so proud of herself.Me too. lol When I get it back will post pics.

dublb 06-23-2013 09:00 AM

OH, oh we want ta see that one too! The original date for this challenge was for last year, so don't pay anyattintion ta that. Now we are just postin' anything patriotic that we git done. :) So the challenge goes on.

QuiltE 06-30-2013 01:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A Little Patriotism ........ ready for Canada Day, tomorrow!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421899[/ATTACH]

It's just a little runner (7"x17"), made with some of the leftovers from Monty.
Background fabric is the same O Canada text fabric (words to our National Anthem) as I used for Monty's background, last year. Once again, it's micro stippled, with the leaves left au naturel!

works4me 06-30-2013 06:22 PM

Well done everyone. This is a never ending thread so keep those projects coming. Happy Canada Day to you, too, QuiltE. :) Fabulous runner. Wish I could say Something Patriotic would be done for tomorrow but, nope. Canada D'Eh is hanging proudly on the wall so it is the first thing seen as you walk in the front door. Since I used it at a car show last year I hadn't added hanging tabs so attached some on Friday. I think I will keep it up all July. Happy July 1 and July 4 everyone.

QuiltE 06-30-2013 08:39 PM

W4Me ... looks like you did complete A Little Patriotism yourself, with your tab addition, to be able to hang Canda D'Eh! this year! Mine is pretty simple ... sometimes, it's nice to have something a little more subtle and to brighten a wee spot! Definitely leave your quilt up for the month ... or longer! :)

yayaquilts 07-01-2013 06:37 AM

mary quilting: Beautiful american eagle quilt!

thimblebug6000 07-11-2013 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6152246)
A Little Patriotism ........ ready for Canada Day, tomorrow!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421899[/ATTACH]

It's just a little runner (7"x17"), made with some of the leftovers from Monty.
Background fabric is the same O Canada text fabric (words to our National Anthem) as I used for Monty's background, last year. Once again, it's micro stippled, with the leaves left au naturel!

LOVE your little runner!