Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   International Patriotic Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/international-patriotic-challenge-t186260.html)

Patticake 06-02-2012 01:34 PM

International Patriotic Challenge

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,
It's been a while but my quilt top is done and I still have time to quilt it too! Here are the pictures.
Patticake

dublb 06-02-2012 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by wanabquilter (Post 5259564)
nHello, I stumbled in here the other day and, wow what a great surprise. Now here is the thing. My daddy is 73 and he wants me to make him a quilt. So I think it should be a quilt that is about him. And anyway I want to do a patriotic quilt. He served 37 yrs in the Navy, What I am looking for is a Emblem for the Navy, or the Supply Corp Navy. And guess what I can not find one. But I know that they are out there cause I have seen it with some of your quilts. Can one of you please tell me where I can find them.
Thank you in advance Audrey (wanabquilter)

I don't know but I hope that ya find one. What a great daughter ya are.:thumbup: Tell him Thank you for his service from me.

Originally Posted by Patticake (Post 5260953)
Hi All,
It's been a while but my quilt top is done and I still have time to quilt it too! Here are the pictures.
Patticake

Oh that is darlin'. (10 min. block???)

JeanieG 06-02-2012 05:51 PM

Oh Patti - that is really a cute quilt! I second Dblb - 10 min. block???

Patticake 06-02-2012 09:05 PM

Yes, it is a 10 min block with a little extra in the center. :) Not sure why the picture isn't full size but I'm really happy with the finished top. Now to quilt it.

dublb 06-03-2012 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Patticake (Post 5261772)
Yes, it is a 10 min block with a little extra in the center. :) Not sure why the picture isn't full size but I'm really happy with the finished top. Now to quilt it.

I love how ya did it. (If ya click on it, it gits pretty big.)

works4me 06-03-2012 06:44 AM

wildyard - There is no deadline. We just used July 1 and 4 of this year because those are the birthdays of Canada and the USA. Guaranteed we will be around a long time after those dates.

Good luck on the kalaidescope and we hope you keep coming back to encourange us along on our projects and to be inspired for your project when you are ready.

I'm almost finished quilting mine but I'm not going anywhere when I'm done. I already have ideas for 2013 and 2014. :)

wanabquilter - That sounds like a wonderful gift for your father. I Googled Supply Corp Navy and then clicked to get Google images. A lot came up. I don't know which one would work but there should be a lot of inspiration on those Google pages. You can probably get a lot more specific in your search than I can as your Dad can give you more information. Good luck.

Patticake - Fabulous. Keep up the good work.

Muv - I hear there are a lot of festivities going on this weekend through to Tuesday. It's wonderful when one person can bring the country together like the Queen can. So looking forward to your progress, and maybe a small history lesson, too.

Jenniky 06-03-2012 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5256818)
I'm glad that your DD is finally here. Tell her "That's right your not from TX, that's right your not from TX, that's right your not from TX, TX want's ya anyway!"

Bev I do believe Texas wants her.. LOL she is so happy and she's loving it and she hasn't even started her new job yet. When we talk every other sentence starts with Mom you got to see this or you need to visit and go here with me.. Or You will love this place. LOL dh and I are planning a trip to TX in late Aug or early Sept to go see all this wonderfulness she is talking about. :) :) :) Thank you ladies for being a source of strength and retreat to help me through the separation. I'm doing much better now.. um about 400.00 in fabric added to my stash later. Im ready to get back in my sewing groove and get things done. :) :) :) I did finish designing and making my block for the QB contest and sent in my entry. Sew very exciting :) :) Now Im going to focus on the mystery train hst's and then put the finishing sash on my Patriotic Mystery quilt and of course I will do a lil here and there on all my other projects as I go along. My focus though is to get the Patriotic Quilt complete. :) :) :) HUGS everyone!!!

dublb 06-03-2012 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 5262661)
Bev I do believe Texas wants her.. LOL she is so happy and she's loving it and she hasn't even started her new job yet. When we talk every other sentence starts with Mom you got to see this or you need to visit and go here with me.. Or You will love this place. LOL dh and I are planning a trip to TX in late Aug or early Sept to go see all this wonderfulness she is talking about. :) :) :) Thank you ladies for being a source of strength and retreat to help me through the separation. I'm doing much better now.. um about 400.00 in fabric added to my stash later. Im ready to get back in my sewing groove and get things done. :) :) :) I did finish designing and making my block for the QB contest and sent in my entry. Sew very exciting :) :) Now Im going to focus on the mystery train hst's and then put the finishing sash on my Patriotic Mystery quilt and of course I will do a lil here and there on all my other projects as I go along. My focus though is to get the Patriotic Quilt complete. :) :) :) HUGS everyone!!!

I miss my DD also! She's in FL! We talk on the phone everyday for a couple of hours. I love cell phones w/unliminted long distance. She's been gone about 6 years. I still miss her. She did come back for 6 months while her DH was deployed & she had 2 babies, but that was 4 years ago. She might git ta come back ta TX, but TX is big! Just 'cause she is in TX doesn't mean that she will be close. Did I say I love cell phones?

QuiltE 06-03-2012 11:29 AM

I sure have been missing all of you!! Just too hectic right now .... but I'm baaaaaaaack, sorta!

Not that I had the time today, I did get caught up on the Diamond Jubilee festivities on the tube ... in between did some of the work that needed to be done. Operative word, "some" not "most"!!! :D

Muv ... I was thinking of you as they reported. And wondering if your local Pub was participating in the national lunch aka streetparty? Did you get your wall hanging completed in time? We had rain on Friday, a bit yesterday, and more today, so am feeling right in touch with your weather for the flotilla!

JenniKy ... looks like you helped your recovery with a very successful FART! Maybe as part of your DD lonelies, you should make a quilt that you can take to her when you go for your visit. A date set for your trip will help all of you, as you know when you will see each other! Looking to see that finished up Patriotic Mystery.

W4Me ... woohooo!!!!! you're on home stretch! Bet you can't guess what I got while I was away!! Guess?????? :D

PattiCake ... now that's one beautiful 10 Minute Block Quilt! Great placements of your fabrics.

WannaBQuilter ... great plan for your Father. I can't help you with the logo, but I did see many great USA patriotic blocks on QuitersCache, that you might want to work into your plans.

DublB ... read above ... for your PC alternatives!

Quilt9226 ... WOW!! you're right in the spirit on this! New projects and PUPs all count!

WildYard ... Don't worry about the deadline, it was just to help get some of us moving in the right direction. I'll be ever so happy to have you accompany me in the late department!

OKOK ... I can hear
W4Me roaring in laughter at me .... no, I haven't even seen my sewing machine for over a week. And it's not looking good for the coming week. Do you think it'll remember me?

fmhall2 06-03-2012 12:11 PM

I have just finished two patriotic tote bags, and a patriotic Bow Tuck. Do those count? I still haven't been able to get pictures posted, but will be trying again. I love my Bow Tuck purse. I carried it all day Friday, Saturday and This morning for our Statewide American Legion Convention. Had quite some interesting comments on it. Thanks.