Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   International Patriotic Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/international-patriotic-challenge-t186260.html)

Muv 07-19-2012 04:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Ladies - got back from Spain after midnight last night. I see I have lots of reading to catch up on here. I will be very disorganised for a couple of days, but here's a photo for the meantime. I can claim it is relevant to my quilt because I took the flax flower panel with me and finished the blanket stitch in Spain!

Now I have loads of washing to do and grey skies and rain so I will have to hang it all inside. Back to normal. Am I moaning?

JeanieG 07-19-2012 08:38 AM

Welcome back Muv - we've missed you!

Jenniky 07-19-2012 09:52 AM

Dublb - Caretaking is a very strenuous job emotionally and physically. I don't know that any of us can put a value on the support our family members and friends play in everyday struggles during long term illness and crisis situations. Salute your DH for me. I also send comforting thoughts your way as you and your family continue through the mourning process.

Muv - Welcome home :) You have been missed :) :) :)

Im trying to focus on organizing today. DH and I are making notes on where we want to start with packing up the house. It's just one of those days when I really have to stay focused and keep my mind busy. You all have a wonderful day.

QuiltE 07-19-2012 07:58 PM

Muv ... welcome back! Yes indeedy-do, you've been missed. Isn't it funny how after the holiday ... there's so much work to get back in sync with life? Hope that you and your DD had a most wonderful time and came back all re-invigorated!

Jenniky
... make some lists and then make lists of the lists ... and get it all organized with a daily To Do list for your husband!! The move will go smooth as can be! :D A great time to purge and get rid of stuff. The time will soon fly by and before you know it, you'll be on the move!!

Me? ... taking off tmro/Friday for three days to do the Shop Hop, plus some non-hop shops and hopefully, some antique'ing tossed in!!!!!!! See y'all in a few days!

gardnergal970 07-20-2012 04:16 AM

Hi Murv....my daughter is in England right now working with a missionary group that are reaching out to the world through the Olympics. The other day she wrote that she had on two sweaters and was drinking hot tea to try to warm up! She had traveled there from where she was living in Thailand in 100 degree heat! Glad you enjoyed the Spanish sun rather than the "rain...on the plain".

Jenniky...being military, you must have had a lot of practice moving but I know it never gets easier. Do you have any helpers to make the lists "go away"...ie, get done?

QuiltE...have fun. Can't wait to hear about all of your discoveries.

Jenniky 07-20-2012 06:16 AM

Gardnergal - Yup I have lots of experience moving. Most likely DH and I will pack the boxes then I will hire movers to transport and carry boxes and furniture into new place. Then if all goes well I will be at the quilting retreat while DH unpacks.. :) Im sure I will have trouble staying out of the packing and unpacking and over do it... like I always do. Its just who I am. LOL Not quite sure which project Im going to work on today. I feel like my feet are dragging through the mud at the moment. Hmmm

Everyone have a awesome morning. :)

dublb 07-20-2012 04:58 PM

Jenniky - Thanks so much for comfortin' thoughts. Dh does take care o' me. I'm glad that ya won't be home for the big move. Your DH does take care o' ya too! Here's hoping that ya got out o' your fog taday!
QE - I hope that ya have a great FART!

Liz92B 07-20-2012 08:19 PM

Jenniky - must mean it's time for a mud bath {giggle}

Jenniky 07-22-2012 09:53 AM

ooh Liz that sounds like fun. :) :) :) I always did like playing in the mud. Haha :p

nursie76 07-22-2012 11:09 AM

Maggie that is a great finish to your quilt! I love it, you did an amazing job! Those feathers are awesome! I can't believe it is your first time. I have that book by Sally Terry, and have tried and tried, but just can't get those pesky things to look nice. Yours however, are wonderful!