Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   International Patriotic Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/international-patriotic-challenge-t186260.html)

QuiltE 07-07-2012 06:09 AM

JenniKy ... glad you enjoyed!

W4Me ... It looks like it worked for JenniKy ... so e'll let you guess for awhile!!!!!!!!!! :) Looks like you're not wasting anytime with Franky!! A thought ... you might want to re-word "quilt" as many will think that only a full bed size quilt is eligible, whereas I'm thinking you're also meaning wall hangings? Or perhaps I am wrong?

Jenniky 07-07-2012 07:58 AM

30 pieces for Frankies head alone.. Now Im really intrigued. :) I signed up for a online FMQ class Large quilts on a small machine. I watched first session this morning. Now time to get busy back on swap squares. Really hot and humid outside so I have every good reason to stay inside where its cool and do a lot of sewing :) :) Have a wonderful day ladies. :) :) I'll check in later to see if anyone else has been busy. :) :)

dublb 07-07-2012 10:14 AM

Hey ya'll I just droped in ta tell ya'll what I'll be doin' taday. My DD is 29 taday & youngest DSon is 19 taday. They were even born at about the same time o' day. 4:00pm. We will have a BBQ for DS. DD is in FL so i can't do anything for her as far as BBQ or family gatherin'. Well I gotta go & git the house clean. :) Where do I put all o' this sewin' stuff?????????????

yayaquilts 07-07-2012 10:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]347299[/ATTACH]
Here's my Patriotic quilt. It's called Twisted Star. I have to decide on my corners, as I ran out of the one I had intended on using and can't find it. It's actually laying sideways!!

wildyard 07-07-2012 11:44 AM

I love your twisted star quilt...

Muv 07-07-2012 12:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Karen - nice twisted star!

At last, a flax flower. One done, two to go.

yayaquilts 07-07-2012 01:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Muv and wildyard! I will finish it before next 4th of July!

Here's my Patriotice Table Runner, called "Northern Stars!"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]347340[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 07-07-2012 04:28 PM

YaYa .... two lovely projects in the works. Looks like the leftovers were used for the runner.

Muv ... I always love blue in most anything! I bet these flowers are a lot tinier than they appear in the pic! Pretty Pretty Pretty!!!!! One down, two to go .... and then do you have all your applique work done?

works4me 07-07-2012 05:54 PM

yaya - well done. Beautiful work.

Muv - gorgeous work as always.

Jenniky 07-07-2012 06:09 PM

Yayaquilts... I love your patriotic twister and your table runner. So what's your next plan of attack on the corners of the twister in thoughts yet?
Muv - Wonderful Flax flower. They look like they are a bit easier then the thistle :) or are looks deceiving?

I worked on my swap sewing today I made great progress and should have it finished up by tomorrow and in the mail on Monday. I came up with a possible design for part of the sashing on the Patriotic town quilt. I took a few minutes and sketched and jotted down my idea so I wouldn't forget. This evening I worked on a drawing a pattern for the next contest on the quilt board. It starts Aug 1st. Mug Rug Quilt Contest.

Time to shut down and give the body some rest. Have a restful eve and cya all in the morn. :) :) :)