Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/jen-kingwell-blocks-finished-quilts-t297401.html)

Teen 11-16-2018 04:34 PM

Wow...looks amazing. Perfect border to tie it all together, too... Well done!

oksewglad 11-16-2018 04:36 PM

I've been off line a few days..I'm still trying to catch up...

Anael 11-17-2018 12:38 AM

Wow Cathy, that's stunning!!!!

I quilt in batches too. I think I FMQ'ed late spring and started again a few days ago. I always wait till it starts itching :D :D I need to get new thread though. My Juki doesn't like embroidery thread, it messes up big time every time :( So later today I'm off to the LQS to get Aurifil 40/2.

:wave::wave::wave: OK

oksewglad 11-17-2018 12:47 PM

Well finally caught up with all the chatter and photos. At some point I'm going to do a GW, but have so many other projects going on right now.
Anael...lovely GW quilt
jmoore the yellow Grunge is just perfect for your quilt. At the shop we use Grunge as a go to blender for many projects whether shop samples or for customers.
Macybaby I wasn't sure about your fabrics...there is a lot of pattern going on for my preference. You said it was out of your comfort zone...I know it would be out of mine! It is amazing how the borders pull it together...something about framing a quilt makes it sing. Isn't it nice that we do step out of our comfort zone...gives a chance to see what we can do!

I have so much Christmas fabric...need to check out this quilt pattern too...looks quick and easy!

Anael 11-17-2018 01:06 PM

Thanks OK!
When you start your GW we will be here to cheer you on :D :D

I have quite a lot of Christmas fabric and purchased some more today :)

Anael 11-18-2018 12:25 AM

Going for a ride with my brother today. It's cold brrrrrrrrrrrr but the weather is great. Sunshine, not too windy :)
Around Schiphol Airport this time :)

jmoore 11-18-2018 04:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oksewglad...it’s a good idea to start the GW when your sewing room and mind is clear of multiple things...and like Anael said, we’re here to cheer you on. I wish I could afford every color of Moda grunge.

Assembled sections 1, 2, 3 and 4 today...[ATTACH=CONFIG]604170[/ATTACH]

Teen 11-18-2018 05:05 PM

Wow!!! OMGosh...That looks fantastic.... Your pineapple blocks rock!! This really shows how perfect the yellow grunge sashing is... Can't wait to see it all together... Great job!

Anael 11-18-2018 10:25 PM

Well Teen said it all. It's stunning!!!!

Macybaby 11-21-2018 06:48 AM

jmoore- that is really turning out nice!

I'm working on christmas themed projects right now. I've wanted to do a "christmas present" quilt and have been collecting fabrics for it. most of the patterns I've seen are rather uniform, and I wanted more variety.

Then I got to thinking, Delilah is made up of 3", 6", 9" and 12" blocks, and I could use that layout and make a variety of sizes like I wanted. I did change a few to get some more odd sizes, like 9x12 or 6x9.

I'm pretty excited about this and got most of the cutting done and have been assembling the blocks. I'll add sashing to all of them to get the size I want and then sew them together. It should end up looking like presents scattered all around, with most of the 3" blocks being assorted filler type, pinwheel, square in a square, hourglass, diagonal stripes and a few solid squares.

DH and I don't buy presents, so I don't get to play with wrapping paper or pretty ribbons - and I don't get to see all the pretty packages under the tree. So now I'll have a quilt with lots of pretty packages to enjoy for the holidays.

BTW - just bought DH his Christmas present - he's getting a Mule (kawasaki). A bit too big for wrapping but I may put a big bow on it for him. I've been teasing him that we had to get him a mule to carry his a.. around!