Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/jen-kingwell-blocks-finished-quilts-t297401.html)

Anael 11-04-2018 10:21 PM

Wannabee, you sure need some kind of intervention!! :D :D

Wonderful blocks Macybaby, can I raid your stash please???

Yes, that's the mystery quilt. Too expensive for me so I won't be in.

Anael 11-05-2018 03:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I need fabric for the GTSB borders. I found two and I like both of them. What do you think? Which one?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]603485[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]603486[/ATTACH]
Borders will be appliquéd with flowers and stems and 8" wide.

Post # 531 shows Teen's finished GTSB quilt so you can get an idea how the borders will look when finished.

Anael 11-05-2018 07:24 AM

I sent the shop owner a pic of section 1 and she said the top fabric is not the right pink. So I asked her about the other one and if it's possible to send me a sample.
In the mean time I'm working on a few blocks but not very motivated today :(

WANNABEE 11-05-2018 10:55 AM

I've been making phone calls and doing paperwork for about 5 hours. I'm motivated for both of us, anything but more paperwork. And if I have to speak to 1 more idiotic, imbecilic insurance person I will kill! LOL:eek:

Teen 11-05-2018 11:16 AM

I like the second one, Anael.....hopefully, you'll receive a sample and can decide.

Wannabee...not the most pleasant of tasks, I'm sure. Not my favorite task either but a must, unfortunately. Good luck.

Ran some errands today and now going to sew a bit.

Anael 11-05-2018 01:40 PM

Wannabee, maybe Teen has a group for that too :D NO really, it can be very frustrating. Good luck.

I'm going to bed. Didn't hear back from the shop, hopefully she'll send me samples.

Anael 11-05-2018 02:04 PM

I like the second one better too. If she doesn't send samples I'll order the second one anyway. It's 110" wide and not too expensive for what they charge here.
I looked at some Fossil Fern FQ's but that's insane, most of them about $ 5 each......no shopping at the LQS here!

WANNABEE 11-05-2018 02:50 PM

Have to admit I like the second one better myself. Are there any places online to order discounted fabric?

Teen 11-05-2018 03:09 PM

Anael is a great shopper and can sniff the deals out...unlike me who sees something pretty and just buys it. Though, she's been known to do that, too.. Lol!! We like the same stuff, typically. I am a terrible shopper...Now that my stash is built up I'm being a bit more discerning but all bets are off when I see polka dots..:p

Anael 11-05-2018 03:53 PM

LOL Teen!!!

Most of my fabrics were purchased from Fabric Shack. Even with shipping it's cheaper than buying at the LQS.
This one is from a shop in The Netherlands. Not as cheap as from the Fabric Shack.