Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/jen-kingwell-blocks-finished-quilts-t297401.html)

WANNABEE 11-05-2018 04:43 PM

Why fabric Shack? Is there shipping cheaper than other places?

Anael 11-05-2018 10:36 PM

Yes as they charge $ 23 for international shipping where others charge $ 34 or more.

WANNABEE 11-06-2018 04:34 AM

I assume you buy a lot at a time to make the shipping worthwhile? I balk at $5 shipping charges! Seems petty.

Anael 11-06-2018 07:38 AM

9 yards max because they can't fit over 9 yards in a flat rate :D :D Ordering more means shipping in a box and paying duties and taxes and I don't want that!
I might have to though this time as my fabric still hasn't arrived so most of the time that means it's with customs and I will have to pay .......arghhhhhhh

Anael 11-06-2018 08:28 AM

Today I went to the fabric shop again and purchased pink with tiny white dots. I think that looks good with GTSB.
Will take a picture tomorrow.

And in the Jen Kingwell facebook group I saw a Christmas Long Time Gone. It's beautiful so I also purchased some Christmas fabrics :D :D I need to make a list!!

Teen 11-06-2018 09:35 AM

I looked at Fabric Shack website and they've got quite a selection. Not sure why I haven't shopped there before. Probably cuz I like to touch and see up close but they've got some excellent prices.

LTG in Christmas sounds pretty... I pulled out my Happy Birds and made a few templates but haven't whacked into fabric yet. I have buyers coming today so I had to reclean sewing room. I'm exhausted trying to keep everything neat and clean. I don't think my floors have ever been this clean for so long..lol... I've closed off rooms and told DH he can't go in them...lol... DH is exhausted trying to keep 1 1/2 acres cleaned up. We are pretty neat anyway but we don't clean everyday...ugh! We have 2 buyers interested but no formal offers yet. Let's hope something comes of today's viewing.

Teen 11-06-2018 09:37 AM

On a side note....I found my 12 1/2 omnigrid ruler. I borrowed my friends to finish up snail quilt...at least I didn't buy another one.

Anael 11-06-2018 09:54 AM

Sending good thoughts across the big blue!! Hopefully ......... keeping it all neat and clean is really a lot of work.

Yes, Fabric Shack has nice fabrics and excellent prices. I shop the sales department most of the time.

Today the weather was great but I had to wait till the second batch of painkillers kicked in. This morning, when sitting down, something must have twisted because my back started to hurt badly and still is painful. But this afternoon I was able to ride my bike again so I went to the fabric shop and on my way back I took some pictures. Nothing fancy, just a few mushrooms.

Teen 11-06-2018 10:01 AM

Glad you are feeling better, Anael. I've had some lower back pain, which, I'm sure, is caused by all the packing and lifting I've been doing. My friend's daughter is moving tomorrow and we offered to help but DH has asked that I not go...so I'll just bring some lunch for everyone. ....and cookies....

Thank you for the good vibes sent. It's beautiful weather in my new home state so it is good weather to move. God's timing...

Anael 11-06-2018 10:14 AM

The only thing I lifted this morning were my jeans and a pair of socks :D :D
I'm going out for lunch tomorrow with a great group of people. No cookies I guess :rolleyes:

What's your new home state? Not California?