Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/jen-kingwell-blocks-finished-quilts-t297401.html)

Judith1005 01-29-2019 01:04 PM

Teen, I am keeping your sister in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all goes well.

I have been without cable and internet the last five days. It has felt like forever. It's not the same doing a quick check in off the phone. But, it was the only way to have wifi.

I do hope you go back into a sale soon. I will think only happy thoughts for you. My daughter and son-in-law just had a terrible experience buying a house. Everything under the sun went wrong. Between builder to loan. They closed almost 2 1/2 months late. They finally worked it out. But, it stole some of the joy from the whole experience. They are working through it.

Teen 01-29-2019 02:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You are all just the sweetest and I so appreciate the thoughts and prayers today for my sister. Anael...the candle is lovely. Thank you so much! I will share with her when I can speak with her about the special people who are praying for her.

She was in surgery for 5 hrs and was just placed in her room. She did well and is feeling ok for now but the pain will likely come. She's got a drip she controls and my other sisters will push the button if she can't, believe me. Lol.. I did not sleep at all last night and I found no one in Georgia did either so they are all exhausted...as am I. But, this part is over and she can begin to heal. Chemo comes in a couple of weeks and I'll be with her for that. One more hurdle...

I should have listened to you Anael and not tackle Y-Seams today....They were little boogers but they are done. Just 2 more borders to sew on and we are good to go... Here is HB as of today....

Judith1005 01-29-2019 02:07 PM

Teen, thanks for the update.

I love the calming gray you used with the patterned fabric. It has a wonderful balance.

Teen 01-29-2019 02:48 PM

Thanks, Judith. The pattern also used grays with the scrappy so I just followed the same theme....tho, I did use a FQ bundle and blenders from stash, I still liked the gray backgrounds.

I'm sorry your kids had a terrible experience with their new home. The roller coaster ride is the hardest and thought my DH would stroke out. He felt better when we took their deposit. Enough to pay for moving company charges so I think it worked out to our advantage. We are not worried and will just wait it out. I really didn't want to move during the winter so it should work out better for us in the long term.

sewingitalltogether 01-29-2019 05:06 PM

Love the quilt. Glad your sister is out of surgery. I've had family members recently who did chemo. No fun.

Anael 01-30-2019 06:47 AM

Thank you Teen for the update. Hopefully she's ok and the painmeds are working. Now to recover and heal.

Your Happy Birds is lovely!!!

costumegirl 01-30-2019 07:25 AM

Wow Teen that is beautiful!! You are doing a terrific job! Y seams can definitely be difficult and frustrating!

Sending prayers and thoughts for your sister, you and your family. I hope things will improve soon.

Teen 01-30-2019 06:22 PM

Thank you ladies.... I'm loving how my HB is turning out. I've been making this over the course of my sisters illness and have cried all over it in intervals so I decided I'm giving this to her when completed. It's cheerful...plus, she collects bird houses so I think it was meant for her. Plus she loves the quilts I've made her and currently she and my older sister are using them in hospital right now... Ok...done feeling meloncholy.....lol... Thanks for listening!,:)

Thanks for continued thoughts and prayers..

Mousie 01-30-2019 08:41 PM

been lurking and have said prayers for your sister Teen.

Anael 01-30-2019 10:00 PM

That's so sweet Teen. I'm sure she will love the Happy Birds and all the tears in it!