Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/jen-kingwell-blocks-finished-quilts-t297401.html)

Teen 08-10-2018 05:34 PM

Thanks, Blue Bell.. Since I decided to keep this one, the perfection of the quilting wasn't important. Plus, it's good practice. I would have liked to hold this and quilt on my future LA but I dislike unfinished projects. Lol.. I'll just make another one later. It's turning out really pretty, puffy, and comfy feeling since no dense quilting. My arms are tired from wrestling it, tho...:D

Teen 08-11-2018 06:08 PM

So, the center of the quilt is basically quilted....just the borders remaining; however, I'm going to do a bit more detail quilting on some blocks to stabilize the batting more. I should be binding this week.....at least that is my goal.

petthefabric 08-12-2018 02:34 PM

Went to 5day retreat. One of the ladies was making a Jen Kingwell quilt. She's to the finals section. It is totally different type fabric from yours. Anyway, got to see this fabulous creation in person. Kudos to all of you making this quilt.

Teen 08-12-2018 03:33 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Petthefabric....do you recall what Kingwell pattern she was making? Kingwell has so many awesome patterns and most of us are all making different ones. Tho...I think some of us own a lot of her patterns and intend to make them all..lol... Or be like Anael and make them all at the same time...:D

Quilting done on Green Tea and Sweet Beans...here are some highlights.....so poofy and mushy and cushy....love it!! ....on to binding...

Anael 08-12-2018 09:13 PM

Hahahaha Teen, I restricted myself to two Jen quilts at the same time.

I Love your GBST, it looks so comfy and soft!! The Trapunto really works! Now to show the whole quilt. What's next on your list?

ckcowl 08-13-2018 02:10 AM

I was going to Oder the Midnight Garden book- but am really drawn to the gypsy wife one so ordered that one and the Quilt Lovely book- excited to start trying out her patterns and using up some of the crazy scraps I have. I love looking at all of your blocks.

Anael 08-13-2018 02:53 AM

Nice ckcowl!! The Quilt Lovely book has some lovely patterns!

petthefabric 08-13-2018 11:25 AM

I think it was Gypsy Wife

Anael 08-13-2018 12:07 PM

No Gypsy Wife is alike, I've seen quite a few and each one is different. I like most of them, some I don't. That's the beauty of quilting, you can do whatever you want because it's yours!

Teen 08-13-2018 04:19 PM

Ckcowl....GW is on my bucket list...most of Kingwell patterns are on my bucket list...lol. So glad to hear you may start yours soon. Kingwell patterns are fantastic scrap busters...

Anael...my next Kingwell may be Happy birds but I've got a couple of projects ahead of this one so we'll see. I have the fabric for it..