Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/jen-kingwell-blocks-finished-quilts-t297401.html)

oksewglad 01-24-2019 03:28 PM

Great start sewingitall! Makes me want to start one of these...but I promised myself I must work on a couple of WIPs and UFO's first!

Teen 01-24-2019 07:09 PM

Looks great,sewingitall.......you are moving right along.

went to a Road to Calif. today and there was a GTSB on a booth wall using 1930's. It was adorable. Spoke with the quilter and she said they designed precut stabilizer for a lot of the applique blocks and did a BOM. They are doing the same for Queen's Crossing pattern. I took her business card for her shop and now I cannot finding. Lol...oh well.. Beautiful and amazing quilts displayed. Best of Show had also won at Lancaster, too, I think. Saw many of the same quilts from previous shows.... The Pink Flamingo was at Paducah, too, and it was for sale for $7800. Yowza. I didn't think it worth that much but whatever.. Anywhooo...had a lovely day with SIL....and yes, I bought some stuff and met Edna Satir. Her booth was amazing.

oksewglad 01-24-2019 07:22 PM

Sounds like a fun day, Teen! How's the "move" going? Best of luck over the next couple of weeks!

Blue Bell 01-24-2019 08:47 PM

Teen, How lucky you are to have met Edyta. She is one of my favorite designers. I made one table topper and a basket quilt started.
What is your move date? Am I too late to snail mail you?

Teen 01-26-2019 09:11 AM

Been absent a couple of days. We are in jeopardy of falling out of escrow..ugh! Buyers are nervous. They have 2 days to fulfill contract or we are cancelling. We have already relisted and have a buyer coming today so, needless to say, Under some stress here. Also, sister is having surgery on Tuesday so a lot on my mind right now. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated..

Bluebell...you are so sweet...thank you for thinking of me. You can snail mail me...hugs!

Teen 01-26-2019 10:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hug received! Thank you, my friend!!

in the meantime, stress strategy... All done with the blocks for Happy Birds... These are 36 blocks for Border 2 and just need setting triangles...using that pretty gray fabric with birdies on it..Assemble time..

oksewglad 01-26-2019 11:19 AM

Oh dear...hope all turns out for your sister and of course the house is a big issue as well...thinking of your and wishing the best.

Anael 01-26-2019 11:27 AM

Love the border 2 blocks!! Have a good time assembling your Happy Birds.

I just made a BD block, at least I thought I did. Turns out I still need 2/3 of the same block before it's finished :D :D One of the final border blocks, they're quite large.

Teen 01-26-2019 02:14 PM

Thank you, both, for the good wishes.....

Anael...you are close finishing BD, yes? I have not purchased that pattern yet...but I will...lol..

Anael 01-26-2019 11:13 PM

No not really. I am still working on the last part of the second border and then I need the last border. I have 3 blocks of that one. It's not going fast as I am taking a long time selecting fabrics and still I'm not so sure about the choices!