Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/jen-kingwell-blocks-finished-quilts-t297401.html)

sewingitalltogether 02-15-2019 10:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I need one more clam shell to finish this block. I hand applique d it. Had to watch 3 movies, it took me that long. But wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
.[ATTACH=CONFIG]608509[/ATTACH]

sewingitalltogether 02-15-2019 10:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been sewing blocks together this morning. And cut the borders. Still have a few holes to fill in.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]608510[/ATTACH]

Anael 02-15-2019 10:28 AM

Don't you love it when it all comes together? Your GBST will be beautiful!!

sewingitalltogether 02-15-2019 10:54 AM

I have 2 weeks to finish it up. Going to a retreat early March and plan to take my big tub of batik scraps and my new pattern for LTG !!
On my GTSB I think I'm going to add a thin dark inner border to stop all the bright action of the main quilt. I have a brown hanging in the picture. It's an old strip of binding. I more likely to use a dark blue though.

Anael 02-15-2019 11:27 AM

Oh LTG!!! Nice :)
I see what you mean with the thin dark inner border. Will be looking great. On my screen it looks black.

Teen 02-15-2019 11:56 AM

Beautiful so far, sewing... I like the look of the mini border.

Blue Bell 02-15-2019 01:34 PM

Sewing, Your quilt is going to be beautiful. I love it.

Judith1005 02-18-2019 05:29 PM

How are you ladies doing?

I have been finishing up a few things. My Valentines Day quilt is now hanging in my living room.

I have put the label on my Mini Wall Hanging for the Wall Hanging Swap. And, I started the next Wall Hanging. I am playing with 1.5" unfinished triangles this time around. I was inspired by the "color wheel" like quilts that Teen has made. I have the top finished but I have to work on a demo of lettering I want to embroider on it.

My next project is making a curtain for my grandsons bedroom.

Teen 02-18-2019 07:12 PM

Hi, Judith....doing well here...

I'm so glad my work is inspirational to you. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I continue to play with color wheel theme. The fabrics I used in the Wonky Neighborhood are being put to use again for another mini...this one is a bit more challenging with color placement and piecing. The smallest size is 7/8"...yikes! I'm almost done and it looks pretty cool. The pattern provided 3 sizes (lap, WH, and mini)....of course, I picked the mini. Lol.. I had enough fabric for a WH size but didn't want one that big so...mini it shall be. I have one more project using this fabric. I'm trying to use what I have out and available since everything is packed...and, I Love rolling around in rainbows so I'm good for now..:p

sewingitalltogether 02-19-2019 02:31 AM

Hi all, plodding along. Had one of the grandsons come into my sewing room on Sunday. His eyes got big looking at the mess my big pile of batik scraps makes. He says 'wow!'. Monday had a different grandson come into my sewing room. He says 'what happened in here??!!!'
Getting down to the last of the blocks on my GTSB quilt. Some of those blocks have taken me 2 days or more to complete. I'm not fast, just persistent.