Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/jen-kingwell-blocks-finished-quilts-t297401.html)

Anael 07-20-2018 08:49 PM

Thanks! Second coffee going down right now :D :D :D Almost ready to shower, get dressed and get going! CU later.

Teen 07-21-2018 05:32 PM

I worked my hind end off and got all the wallpaper stripped. Did some other prep work so painting this room next week. Then, I sat and prepped more applique pieces for GTSB. I hope to to sew a couple of sides of borders tomorrow. Gotta do the stems and leaves still....so, I'm happy I'm doing a little production on this thing. I'm really looking forward to quilting this.

Texas_Sue 07-25-2018 04:31 AM

I was at a retreat last weekend and fell in love with "Long Time Gone" by Jen Kingwell. I have ordered the kit which includes the pattern book and would love to be able to ask questions and watch everyone's progress if that is possible. I have no idea how long it will take to receive my package from Australia, but I hope to see it soon. I will probably need all the help I can get with it so please bear with me. Thanks in advance - Susan E

Anael 07-25-2018 05:13 AM

Hi Susan, welcome!
Some of us are working on Long Time Gone (like me :) ) and of course we'll try and help you.
Great to have another Jen fan :)

Texas_Sue 07-25-2018 06:57 AM

Thanks for the welcome. I've been looking at the pics and they are very beautiful. I can't wait to get started! Looking forward to the challenge. Do most of you hand piece or machine? I'm not sure which way I'll choose to go, but I may even do both.

Susan E

Anael 07-25-2018 07:24 AM

I always machine piece, can't imagine to hand piece a whole quilt ;) The only block I ever hand pieced a few seams was one of the Dear Jane blocks.

Teen 07-25-2018 07:34 AM

Welcome, Susan.... LTG is a cool quilt. I was just surfing the web the other night looking at all the color variations for this pattern. What is the colorway of your kit? And, I machine piece, too. Not a fan of hand work but so admire others work. I'm just finishing up Green Tea pattern then I'll choose the next Jen pattern to work on.

Texas_Sue 07-25-2018 07:47 AM

I'm not truly sure of the colorway, but I bought the large kit that has a lot of colors in it so it will be super scrappy and the sections are going to be sectioned off with the light grey. I just think it is so stunning and has so many of the antique looking blocks in each section. I just love the traditional blocks! You have some gorgeous blocks here and it really wants to make me get started soon. BTW thanks for the welcome! Susan E

Teen 07-25-2018 08:18 AM

Sounds beautiful, Susan. Hope you receive your kit soon and can start. Looking forward to seeing your progress and cheering you on!!

Judith1005 07-25-2018 05:45 PM

I am making great head way on Mr. Orange and Ms. Pink. I have the first 4 rows finished and together. And, I have the next 14 blocks for rows 5 and 6 all ready to piece together. And, I have rows 7 and 8 ready to chain piece. I am moving right along. We have been having ] many storms. So, I am working around bad weather. Having the rows set up like this keeps me moving in case I can't sew, I can trim and iron. So happy to be organized with this quilt. I can't wait to finish it. I think it's going to be my new favorite. I hope to have this one ready to send with my Scrappy Giant Swoon to the quilter next week. I am going to have to piece like a mad person though.