Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/jen-kingwell-blocks-finished-quilts-t297401.html)

Anael 07-20-2018 10:13 AM

Awwww thanks so much!!!
I love what you're doing too, I thought the same about your colour choices :)

Anael 07-20-2018 10:29 AM

Two more garden path blocks (or the substitute) and one double drunkards path and section 1 is finished. Won't happen today nor tomorrow! I'm working on the DDP now but I doubt I will finish that one today.

Camera lady hahahahaaaaa

Judith1005 07-20-2018 10:51 AM

Thank you Teen.

Anael, your orange peels are beautiful. Someday, I will make a whole scrappy quilt in this block. Or, maybe a table topper. I love this block. And, your applique is beautiful.

I hope you enjoy your bike ride with your brother tomorrow. It sounds like it will be a wonderful outing. I look forward to your pictures. Although, the bug picture are fabulous, they freak me out. I have this thing against bugs. Maybe because Florida has sooo many of them. But, I love the picture you take that makes it look like the wings are still in motion. Almost anyway. lol

Is photography a hobby? Or is it something you do for a living? Your very good.

Anael 07-20-2018 11:20 AM

Thank you so much Judith!!
Rides with my brother are always fun, we always have a great time, even when it's raining :)

Photography is a hobby, I don't think I will ever be good enough to do it for a living. Besides, I don't need the stress!
Now that I have a macro lens I can take photos like the bug one. I always wanted to do that and now I can!
The black/red bug is actually a butterfly ;)

Teen 07-20-2018 11:43 AM

Have fun with your brother, Anael. Before my hip went bad, I use to roller blade with my brother on the San Diego beach Boardwalk. He's about 10 years older than me and can skate circles around me. Always a fun outing with him, too. Brothers are fun until the practical jokes come...he's a jokester...as is my other brother who is 12 years older than me. I always get even. Lol..

Anael 07-20-2018 12:06 PM

I'm almost 11 years older ;) I might have told before we never did anything together till about 3 years ago. Then we started cycling together. It was fun and we never stopped. Now we cycle together about 8 times a year. He's no jokester, but has a great sense of humor....:D

Battle Axe 07-20-2018 12:10 PM

Soooo sew cute. Thanks for sharing.

Teen 07-20-2018 06:44 PM

I didn't sew today. We are working through our very short list of home repairs/upgrades....decided to repaint the guest bathroom, which was wallpapered. Ugh!! Scraping wallpaper off is not fun. Only one wall to go so I should finish this up tomorrow. Fingers crossed... My sewing machine says.."Hey, you!! Get over here..."

Anael 07-20-2018 08:28 PM

I don't have wallpaper, not anymore for the same reason. It's a royal pain to scrape it off!!

It's 6.20 am here now, I just woke up, waiting for my first coffee to be ready. I need time in the morning to start up. Train is leaving at 08.08.

Teen 07-20-2018 08:38 PM

Down that coffee and perk up, girl!! Safe journey!! Have fun...