Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/jen-kingwell-blocks-finished-quilts-t297401.html)

Anael 07-19-2018 09:14 AM

Thanks Judith, I didn't know. The careful placement of the lights and darks makes totally sense. The pattern will be totally off if done wrong! I love the orange and pink together!

Teen 07-19-2018 09:40 AM

Judith...your quilt is looking wonderful. Love the colorway... Pattern is really cool. That's a lot of HST... Easy to whip out depending on method you master.

Yes, we are close to being ready to move. We have a few things to do before we go on market. Carpet issue was one of them. Need to repaint 2 rooms, which I'm working on now. Next week, landscaper coming to trim up property (we have an acre....all landscaped so a lot of trimming). Getting ready to take another load to Idaho. We hope to be moved in a couple of months. Had some delays, which is another story..

Anael 07-19-2018 10:30 AM

Oh dear, I thought you were already moving!! Lots of work to do before you can leave. Good luck with that. If I were closer I would come over and help........though I doubt I would be a great help :D :D But I could take photos of you working hard!

oksewglad 07-19-2018 01:05 PM

Lovely window dressing, Judith!

Blue Bell 07-19-2018 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 8096884)
Oh dear, I thought you were already moving!! Lots of work to do before you can leave. Good luck with that. If I were closer I would come over and help........though I doubt I would be a great help :D :D But I could take photos of you working hard!

You are too funny, but also a great picture taker!

Teen 07-19-2018 04:25 PM

Hahahaha....thanks, Anael! I'll put the tea out for you so you can relax while watching. I'd prefer you avoid the macro-lens, tho. Eeek! Barf!!

Anael 07-19-2018 09:22 PM

When I'll have tea while watching I"ll barf with you. Coffee would be much better hahaha.
I won't take the macro, only zoom, ok?

Anael 07-20-2018 04:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The next GTSB block, the hexagon panel. One I wasn't looking forward to but it wasn't as hard as I thought. I didn't sew the hexies on thin fabric, I just sewed them together. Do you see the cat? :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]598124[/ATTACH]

Judith1005 07-20-2018 04:55 AM

Great job Anael. I love your Hexi's. And, the little fussy cut cat is darling. Oh, some cute little ducks also. Nice surprise's in this section. You are moving right along on this top also.

Anael 07-20-2018 05:03 AM

Thanks Judith! Just a few more smaller blocks and section 1 is done. I still have a lot to do on this one - and on the Long Time Gone too.
Tomorrow I won't be home, I'm going biking with my brother. Looking forward to that, we always have a great time together.