Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/jen-kingwell-blocks-finished-quilts-t297401.html)

Teen 07-15-2018 03:07 PM

Oh Judith...that's wonderful. So glad your sharing your projects. And, love this colorway. Pink and orange with bright white looks awesome together. Hunters Dtar is on my bucket list, too. Are you using the templates for HS?

I've been working a swap project waiting impatiently for the stuff I need to finish GTSB.. Since my dots are out, that's what I'm using for project.

Judith1005 07-15-2018 04:02 PM

No Teen, I'm doing the method of 1/2 square triangles for the HS. I'm tying to use up leftover Hunter Star Swap Blocks.

Teen 07-16-2018 06:07 PM

All my supplies have arrived to finish GTSB but now I have to have my carpet re-stretched...It involves 3 rooms, one of which is my sewing nook. The other rooms are basically packed up already so easy but not my sewing stuff.. Ugh! So, tomorrow, I have to prepare for them to empty that room to re-stretch carpet. They come on Thursday..... GTSB will be a few days away....dang... I wish I had a staff of employees to delegate this to. DH won't let me boss him around..such a poor sport..:D

Anael 07-16-2018 08:55 PM

Hahahaha you should have started that bossing around way earlier. Now it's too late.......:D :D
It's exciting to know all the supplies are there to finish GTSB, you'll finish it, only a few days later.

Anael 07-18-2018 01:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally made another GTSB block. One of the flowers is turned the wrong way but that happens in nature too LOL

[ATTACH=CONFIG]598019[/ATTACH]

Anael 07-18-2018 06:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Next GTSB block, appliqué block 2. All flowers point in the right direction :D :D

The background is a blue/grey mottled fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]598024[/ATTACH]

Teen 07-18-2018 07:17 AM

I love the fabric in these blocks, Anael! They look great and I didn't even see the boo boo in the block until you pointed it out. Your applique is so rockin, girl.. Perfect.

I'm just waiting for the carpet guys to get here. Even though my house is mostly packed, it was still a chore to clear rooms for them to re-stretch carpet. I packed books yesterday...many book including my extensive psych book library so my back is hurting today. DEfinitely over-extended myself.

Anael 07-18-2018 07:24 AM

Thank you !! I appliqued the flowers in the Baby Carriage block too :) :) Didn't feel like curved piecing, too hot hahaha!

LOL Psych is heavy stuff.......I know all to well :) Hopefully everything will go as planned Teen, can't wait to see the finished GBST top!!

Teen 07-18-2018 07:29 AM

Since I couldn't work on GTSB, I worked on a wall hanging for the board swap. It's turning out cute ....using polka dots since they were already out. I posted a pic on the July - Oct thread of the WIP, first page. Had to put him away too with this stupid carpet thing.

Anael 07-18-2018 07:32 AM

Will go there now, wait............