Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/jen-kingwell-blocks-finished-quilts-t297401.html)

Anael 07-29-2018 08:46 PM

I wasn't home yesterday. I went for a long ride, left at 8 am and came home 4.30 pm. Biked from 9 am till 3 pm :D Total of 94 km. All on my own, first time a really long distance without the moral support of my brother ;) I had a great time!

Anael 07-29-2018 11:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's one photo I took yesterday. I always wanted to do something like this! Nothing fancy though :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]598572[/ATTACH]

Anael 07-30-2018 01:18 AM

Working on the next LTG block but it's warm and humid today. Not my weather!!!

I'm already planning the next JK quilt and was tempted to purchase background fabrics a few times but still didn't! Yesterday I saw a Midnight at the Oasis quilttop on Facebook and thought......oh that is what I was looking for. She used very dark background fabric mixed with very light. Looked really great so I think I will do that too.
In fact I had black/white and white/black in my shopping cart but didn't go through with that order. I still might...hahahaha.

Teen 07-30-2018 02:11 PM

Lovely picture..... And, good for you that you did the long ride on your own. So glad it was fun adventure.

You don't have to convince me about B&W.....those are my signature colors...lol... Midnight colorway you have in mind sounds really pretty. That's a good pattern to do that colorway.

More painting today and tomorrow... Master bed &'bathroom almost done.

Anael 08-01-2018 10:52 AM

Today I finished the 60 degree Triangles block. Done with those :)
What do I still need:
13 pineapple log cabins blocks
3 Crosses of the UK blocks
6 Courthouse Steps blocks
LOTS of flying geese
a few checkerboard panels

So still a lot to do for the Long Time Gone quilttop!!

Teen 08-01-2018 12:55 PM

Absolutely love the B&W choices. "click it!!!!" I'm such a bad influence. Lol... No harm in staging your supplies for the next project. I have a tote that holds my "next" projects . When I'm ready, I grab and whack away... It requires discipline to not whack too soon...lol....

And, you are very close to completing LTG. That's exciting...stay focused

Anael 08-01-2018 09:30 PM

Yes you are :D :D I don't have any discipline when it comes to not to whack too soon!!! So I better wait a few days before ordering.
Working on the first pineapple log cabins block now.

Teen 08-02-2018 06:01 PM

I'm thinking that my GTSB borders will be done tomorrow..latest on Saturday.... Yippee.... I'm sewing in the evenings after painting all day.....plus, doing trapunto takes a bit longer....

Anael 08-02-2018 09:20 PM

Can;t wait to see it!!!

Teen 08-04-2018 01:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My GTSB quilt top is done.....now on to quilting it... It is much more bright then the photo. I really like it...