Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/jen-kingwell-blocks-finished-quilts-t297401.html)

Anael 08-23-2018 09:07 PM

Wow Teen, when did you plan on finishing the whole book? Love your mini's!!!

Thanks OK for the tips!!

Teen 08-24-2018 11:53 AM

So excited right now! A long time quilter friend has quit quilting and only does embroidery now. She is selling all her machines. She is selling me one of her machines that I have had my eye on to buy and use for travel and retreats. I don't own a small, light machine and have been researching the different brands. The one she has is the Baby Lock Melody and she barely used it, owned for about 2 years. She babies her machines so I know this has been well loved. I love this machine but it's kind of expensive for just a "travel" machine so buying this at quite the deal is a prayer answered. I already own a Baby Lock Symphony, which I love so I am very excited. I pick it up today...woohoo!!! Note to add: she has a bunch of accessories and a travel case she's throwing in the deal, too... Yah!

Anael 08-24-2018 12:22 PM

Yeahhhhhh! Enjoy your new machine! Can you run all of them at the same time? That would be fun hahahahahaaaa

Teen 08-24-2018 02:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Isn't she cute? Gonna be playing tonight....

oksewglad 08-24-2018 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Bell (Post 8115474)
Also, as you approach the end of the seam, sew slowly.

Explain, please!:D

oksewglad 08-24-2018 03:09 PM

Looks like a handy little machine, Teen...enjoy!

Blue Bell 08-25-2018 05:12 PM

Teen, Congratulations on your new BABY!

Blue Bell 08-25-2018 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 8115793)
Explain, please!:D

OK, Most likely, when you are sewing your mini patchwork, you are sewing slowly. However, when sewing long seams, we usually sew faster, but when we are approaching the end of the seam line, if sewing too fast, the machine tends to make the patchwork go off to the right, and no longer do you have the 1/4 inch seam line. Now that is as clear as mud!

oksewglad 08-25-2018 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Bell (Post 8116227)
OK, Most likely, when you are sewing your mini patchwork, you are sewing slowly. However, when sewing long seams, we usually sew faster, but when we are approaching the end of the seam line, if sewing too fast, the machine tends to make the patchwork go off to the right, and no longer do you have the 1/4 inch seam line. Now that is as clear as mud!

LOL, E, I was laughing because I don't sew slow!!! But thanks for the explanation!

Teen 08-25-2018 06:26 PM

I'm pleased to report that all tips worked!! I sewed the remaining 9P and it came out a perfect 3 1/2" sq... I was so excited, I ended up ripping out and resewing the other one too. thank you! And, I assembled the pillow top on my new machine....woot woot!

Tomorrow, I am quilting it and finishing assembling after church. I think it turned out so cute but I think I'm ready to move on from dots for awhile. What? Lol...I know I know.. Between quilts, pillows and wall hangings, I think I rolled around in this stash enough for now. There is one more pattern (not Kingwell) that I want to use dots with but I'm going to wait and work on other stuff first. Moh, and that Fun on the Farm BOM will have dots in it but not exclusively. Does this mean I'll stop buying dots? Heck no! :D I'll post a pick of pillow tomorrow when done.